Ranma, Marvelverse No Mutation.

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma, Marvelverse No Mutation.

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:43 pm

Looking for Marvel comic Universe crossovers with Ranma 1/2 where Ranma has the curse but never was is not and doesn't end up a Mutant.

Don't forget there are allot of powerful non-mutants in Marvel a blatant one being Juggernaut.

If this is too broad I really like X-Men, Spider Man, Fantastic Four, and wouldn't mind if you pointed out what Marvel environment the story takes queues from in the crossover.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Ranma, Marvelverse No Mutation.

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:25 am

He technically is not a mutant and still has his curse in the Multicrossover called 'Chaos and Carnage' by Gundraw.

He also technically is not a mutant per se in 'Prime Attitude' by C Rose

He is not one *yet* in 'Change of Power' by Ice-Tea-1983. He seems to have stopped writing, but has noted he had planned for Ranma to eventually get one.

Not a mutant in 'Nova' by Matdeception. He has just started writing this one and his other XMen stories again... Good stuff.

There is also 'XMen Next Evolution' by NamurekaAmasai. Very short, and Xavier out of character, but interesting.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:45 am

As far as I know, a phoenix isn't a mutant. I know a story where Ranma becomes one (not Song of Hope), but for the life of me I haven't been able to find it. (I read it before I started bookmarking stories, but I know it can be found at FF.net.) For anyone else who may be able to find it with a bit of information... One, I believe Ranma's mother was a phoenix. Two, some of the X-men visit the Tendo dojo, and Wolverine's not too happy to see Genma. (Who isn't?) I forgot the details, but the story left off with some banished (or something like that, for doing bad things) phoenix having a battle of wills with Ranma in the astral plane (I think; I'm not sure), and it ends with Ranma's body split into male and female bodies with the baddie running off in his male body.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:57 am

Crescent I think the story you are thinking of made it so Jean Gray became Nodoka. Hasn't she been labeled a Psychic Mutant since well the first X-Men comic? Having a battle on the astral plane makes me think the fic might have been having Ranma grow up to also be gifted with an X gene that enhances psychic potential along with Phoenix powers. Kinda like the Time Traveling Phoenix got hers being the daughter of Jean.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:33 pm

As far as I'm aware, Jean Grey's psychic abilities and the phoenix are not even remotely connected, in part because the phoenix is an entity with a body and mind of its own, not the result of someone mutating into it. From what little I recall, the phoenix "possessed" (for lack of a better term or understanding of what happened) Jean Grey to save her life, or something like that.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Its not the Phoenix that causes someone to be a mutant. But if the story is the one I vaguely remember it is one where Jean becomes Nodoka. And Jean is a Mutant. The Phoenix does not show any ability of action on the astral plane that I have seen but I admit I'm extremely rusty on it. That ability came from Jean's Mutant Ability.

The only Normal child of a Mutant I know of is that guy who's father is Sabertooth.

But seeing as there is a battle in the astral plane then wouldn't the mutant ability to reach that plane kinda have had to have been included?

If anyone can find the fic please give a link even though it is likely Ranma technically is a mutant in it no matter how the writer chose to try to work powers in other ways. Cause now I'm really muddled on it.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:13 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:He technically is not a mutant and still has his curse in the Multicrossover called 'Chaos and Carnage' by Gundraw.

He also technically is not a mutant per se in 'Prime Attitude' by C Rose

He is not one *yet* in 'Change of Power' by Ice-Tea-1983. He seems to have stopped writing, but has noted he had planned for Ranma to eventually get one.

Not a mutant in 'Nova' by Matdeception. He has just started writing this one and his other XMen stories again... Good stuff.

There is also 'XMen Next Evolution' by NamurekaAmasai. Very short, and Xavier out of character, but interesting.

Just getting all the links in on these in case someone else doesn't want to have to look. Google is getting worse. It found only odd chapters or only 2 of 12 on some of these. WTF is wrong with Google these days?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Not quite a Marvelverse but there's an X-Men Evolution crossovers written by http://www.fanfiction.net/u/415233/Matdeception where Ranma's normal. He also wrote two others where Ranma IS a mutant though...
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Tera are you talking about Nova that I just quoted to add the links to?
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:02 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Its not the Phoenix that causes someone to be a mutant.
Then why isn't that the end of it? XD;; Ranma was able to do it because he was a phoenix, not because he had the same mutant ability as his mother (if she happens to be Jean Grey in the story). That's why Ranma was attacked, because the "banished" phoenix (I think it was referred to as the dark phoenix) wanted Ranma's power as a phoenix (along with his body, I'm assuming).

But, yeah, I hope someone finds it. I'd like to read it again. Maybe prompt the author to write more.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:17 am

Well, after a barrage of off-and-on searches, I finally found that story. It was older than I thought it was and, while my memory certainly scrambled some details around, Ranma's still a phoenix and not a mutant.

Heaven's Fire by Mirai-Phoenix

How I forgot about Mirai-Phoenix, I'll never know.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:58 pm

Just out of cussedness, I'm going to give you a no-mutation crossover between Ranma and the Marvelverse. But it's not the Marvelverse you were looking for.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:13 pm

Shazam... Yeah easy to see why it has less than 20 reviews.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Spokavriel wrote: Shazam... Yeah easy to see why it has less than 20 reviews.

Well, I did say "cussedness". If I'd enjoyed that author, I would have said "serendipity".
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Next

Return to Fic Search