Main Character Bashing

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Re: Main Character Bashing

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu May 05, 2011 8:43 am

I'm also interested in seeing this.

I can't imagine anyone writing a Ranma fic where someone bashes Ranma. The guy gets seriously wanked off in fanfic. The guy simply can't do wrong. He can be human, but actually being _wrong_ AND being called on it? Pft. Doesn't happen.

Naruto, the closest I've seen would be The Truth Decays. Jiraiya scolds Naruto for being naive and subordinate. Naruto himself is portrayed as a bit of an embarassing/stupid dork, and is seen by such even by Hinata.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4052439/1/T ... _bDecays_b

Of course, that means the author gets a bit of flak for that in the reviews.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Kadunta » Fri May 06, 2011 1:26 pm

Maybe these aren't quite matches...

I recall seeing on FF.net a short (at most 2kw) fic in which Ukyo confronts Ranma with her theory of why he hasn't made his choice yet. It wasn't flattering for Ranma.

Another fic I remember on FF.net is more of a Akane/Shampoo/Ukyo matchup, if I am right... in any case, the fiancées decided they're better off without the men, Ranma included. I remember just one scene in which Ranma was bandaged as a mummy with a pigtail, Ryoga likewise had a bandana and Mousse-mummy had glasses. I think.

That's about all I remember of these stories.
"Nothing desiccates a mind so much as its repugnance to conceive obscure ideas."
-- E.M.Cioran, "All Gall Is Divided", translation by Richard Howard
Kadunta
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby jasonjkay » Fri May 06, 2011 9:29 pm

The only story that jumps instantly to my mind is a Ranma story One Trick Pony By: beartooth. Ranma overhears his friends calling him a one trick pony, as all he knows is martial arts. He spends a while thinking about it and decides he needs to learn other things than his art.
jasonjkay
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fic Search