Harry Potter and the Nobility

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Harry Potter and the Nobility

Postby Wyrd » Tue May 03, 2011 7:57 pm

J.K. Rowling made a very obvious effort to keep the muggle world and the world of magic as separate as possible. What I am looking for here is a fic where they are less separated, specifically one where the stuck up old families of HP don't just act like nobles, they actually are Lords and Ladies or descended directly from them.

The scene that sparked this idea was Vernon spouting off about the freakishness of wizards and those who attend Hogwarts to a magical 'guest' only to have them point out that the Queen was a Hogwarts alumnus. Just the mental image of him trying to reconcile the concepts was amusing enough that I would like to see someone write it, but just having a stronger connection between the muggle and magical world than Harry sees in canon could be interesting. They just don't bother keeping in touch with the Prime Minister either because they know he won't stick around long enough to be worth the effort or because the magical community is just as old fashioned in this as they are in most things and see the Queen as the true ruler of England, with the Minister of Magic merely acting in her stead to deal with day to day issues.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Re: Harry Potter and the Nobility

Postby Shanami » Thu May 05, 2011 12:12 am

I recall reading a couple stories that functioned along those lines, but for the life of me cannot think of any of them. For some reason, I feel like most started with a good idea but just turned into excuses to write lemons, which therefore quickly lost my interest.

If I can remember anything specifically though, I will post it.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Wyrd » Thu May 05, 2011 9:43 am

I have seen far too many stories like that, that started off so promisingly and either just died or devolved into something unreadable.
Wyrd
Senshi Cadet

Postby Shanami » Sat May 07, 2011 8:18 am

It is a real shame, for sure.

I can think of a few stories where Harry is given a proper title, but those are generally wizarding only titles or they never directly involve the crown in any way. The only ones where the actual royalty are involved quickly degenerated.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat May 07, 2011 11:37 am

ATM, all I can remember that at least touches base with that genre are "Muggle Summer, Wizard's Fall", "Royal Prerogative" and "The Harem War". I think the first two are worksafe but for their length. THW is both long and lime-ish (at least).

MSWF and RP are both "Harry meets the Queen". THW is a "Harry is a Real Lord".
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search