The airline pilot...

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

The airline pilot...

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:40 pm

Has anyone written a (continuation) fic in which a story character, be it Ranma, a Senshi, Harry Potter or whoever, goes on to become a commercial pilot?
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Re: The airline pilot...

Postby Pale Wolf » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:49 pm

... Huh. Unusually specific.

None come to mind, though I do have a continuation planned where Ranma ends up a military pilot.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:36 pm

Hmmm... only 1 comes to mind... rest are runnerups

A OMGstory with Keiichi Morisato as a pilot after leaving the bike scene.

OMG 'Ah My Goddess Haloes' by Davner - [Dld Date=01/05/2011] - [Dld Size=1507kb] - [Dld Files=37] - [Status=Not Complete]
Plenty of runner ups though.

Ranma in at least a couple Macross Crossovers is a test pilot.

I remember Ryoga being a navigator in a Star Trek Crossover. Also in a multi crossover.

I remember a story with Usagi being murdered on a commercial flight.

There was a Babylon 5 crossover with Ranma 1/2 with Ukyo as a starfury pilot, and a different one with Ranma as a Starfury pilot

There is a robotech multi cross with Usagi and senshi as pilots

There were at least two where Ranma became bonded to spaceships and became their master/pilot

In another him and Nabiki own a spaceship building company and designed ships, and piloted them

In one he was a captain of a all female crew and Tylor was his rival.

In one he was a commander of an entire star destroyer fleet, but not really a pilot of them. In a different one it was a combined Star Trek/Star Wars fleet.

In one Ranma is a fighter pilot for Japan in a multicross involving Sliders and OMG.

Ranma and Nabiki command a intersteller vessel in a sort of XCOM/Stargate/Ranma triple crossover

Ranma gets a pilot license on a dare using the danger room in a XMEN crossover. But it is not really for commercial flights so much as to be able to fly the blackbird.

I believe Ranma and /or Birdy can pilot spaceships for the galaxy police in a Ranma/Birdy/Tenchi multicross

Tenchi becomes a Starfury pilot and later a commander of a ship in a Tenchi crossover with Babylon 5.

Shinji/Asuka/Rei/Misato all become licensed and approved pilots of Imperial fighters and bombers in a multiarc multicross SI.

Kanako Urashima can pilot earth fighters in a Love Hina/Star gate multicross
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:58 am

I remember a story with Usagi being murdered on a commercial flight.

???????? ha?
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby EPJ_III » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:29 am

this may not quite qualify, but there is a story called High Flight by papa51 about kasumi Tendo learning to fly. It ended with her winning a flying contest for her flight school. It did not say whether she was going to make it a career.
EPJ_III
Senshi Candidate

Postby AdmiralTigerclaw » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:22 am

"Tokyo Tower. Romeo One Dash Two ready for takeoff at Runway Three Four Left, Departure to the, North."

"Romeo One Dash Two, hold position. Traffic is Airbus A380 on final."

"Tokyo Tower, Romeo Yankee Oscar Golf Alpha, requesting directions to the airport."

"Romeo Yanky Oscar Golf Alpha, make straight in, runway three four, left."

"Roger, turn left to heading three four..."

"Romeo Yanky Oscar Golf Alpha, do NOT change heading. Make STRAIGHT IN, for runway number THREE FOUR LEFT."

"Roger, heading straight to runway Three Four, then turning left..."

"Romeo Yanky Oscar Golf Alpha, turn right to heading three four zero, runway will be directly ahead at your twelve O clock at ten miles. Report runway in sight..."

"Tokyo Tower, Romeo One dash two: Give it up, he'll end up landing in Okayama no matter what directions you give him."
Ernest 'Admiral Tigerclaw' Hart
OWNER: Samurai Penguin Studios
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/SamuraiPenguinStudio
AdmiralTigerclaw
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:01 am

ckosacranoid wrote:I remember a story with Usagi being murdered on a commercial flight.

???????? ha?

Yep...

R-MULTI 'Hime' by DF Roeder-Sinom Bre - [Dld Date=03/27/2007] - [Dld Size=54kb] - [Dld Files=2] - [Status=Inactive]
Pity, like most of his stuff, it has not been continued... showed just how nasty Serenity could be when her own interests were threatened...

Quite liked the setup.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:50 am

Plenty of fighter pilot stuff; yeah, I knew that beforehand. There was even a vignette (Hidden Talents #7) in which Soun Tendo was a retired JASDF flying officer.

Kasumi as a show pilot... read that a while ago. Liked it, too.

The other branches of aviation may call themselves lucky to get a background role, let alone a walk-on.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby gsteemso » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:49 pm

I know there was one where Ranma secretly became a pilot and fell in love with his instructor, which the rest of the Ranma cast was unaware was female, but I can’t remember anything else about it for the life of me. That said, it might have been a Gold Digger cross. I also recall one where Kasumi learned to fly… possibly the one mentioned earlier. No details for that one either, of course. My flaky memory is very annoying.
The world’s only gsteemso
gsteemso
Senshi Cadet

Postby Spokavriel » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:43 pm

The Kasumi one got mentioned but not really named. I can't remember the name.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Remember one where Ranma was a stewardess for TWA, to keep moving at relatively low cost to keep away from everyone. 'The Power of the Neko-ken' by William G Schiemenz
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby gsteemso » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:06 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:'The Power of the Neko-ken' by William G Schiemenz

Got a link for that? If it’s on ffnet, their search engine does not reveal it.
The world’s only gsteemso
gsteemso
Senshi Cadet

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:36 pm

gsteemso wrote:Got a link for that? If it’s on ffnet, their search engine does not reveal it.

Regrettibly not... it was hosted locally on the old NabikiandRanma site though, which went the way of the dodo in 2008.

RANMA 'The Power of the Neko-ken' by William G Schiemenz - [Dld Date=06/30/2001] - [Dld Size=121kb] - [Dld Files=5] - [Status=Unknown]
  • No known valid link
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:45 am

I seem to remember (the?) one where Kasumi learned to fly was a Gold Digger crossover....so yeah.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Shanami » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:58 pm

gsteemso wrote:I know there was one where Ranma secretly became a pilot and fell in love with his instructor, which the rest of the Ranma cast was unaware was female, but I can’t remember anything else about it for the life of me. That said, it might have been a Gold Digger cross. I also recall one where Kasumi learned to fly… possibly the one mentioned earlier. No details for that one either, of course. My flaky memory is very annoying.

You were thinking of the following Addventure thread. Warning, it contains lemons, like every other chapter.

Sky Tiger by the people at the Addventure. To get there, follow the bottom link out of the chapter I listed, which is, as warned, the first of many lemons in the series. It is a continuation of the "Matchups 101" thread which was basically an excuse to pair Ranma and/or Ranma-chan off with furries of every conceivable kind.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search