The Bet Saga

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

The Bet Saga

Postby deathgeonous » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:04 am

Ok, now this was a purely Tenchi Muyo Series, and my favorite one for it by far. The first fic in it was The Bet, and then it thus became know as the Bet Saga. It was by Silver, or MoonSilver, AKA Kenzie Kennedy. Or,at least I think that's how you spell her name. Any who, I need help finding this fic, because the Wayback Machine is durping in regards to linking up her old site, it's not letting me get to her fics them selves. Any help would be appreciated, for this is one of my favorite Tenchi Fic series, and, while I had the whole thing saved onto my computer, I lost it in an massive upgrade to that self same computer. Well, thanks for any help, bye for now.
‘Stealing from one person is called plagiarism. Stealing from multiple people is called research!’ The Crossover Writer's Core Motto.
deathgeonous
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: The Bet Saga

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Well... the problem is most of the sites that were hosting it went kaput years ago. His home page, and the Fan Fics R Us site are both RIP...

However, two arcs are available still on the Old TMFFA, not the current one, which still has the useless front page from after the great crash.

'The Bet' and 'The Gamble' arcs are both there. There were plenty of other arcs after those though... including 'The Promise', 'The Challenge', and 'The Pledge', with a couple sidestories.

Not a bad series of arcs, I quite enjoyed them... I liked more though 'The Harem Saga' and 'The Harem Saga Sequel' by Jeff Harris, and another one similar was 'The Ladies Or The Loot' by ericchri
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:00 pm

Thanks for that Roguespider...Haven't had a chance to look it over yet but did convert it to my Kindle for later perusing :). Hope it's all good.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:55 am

Calibre will convert the whole thing to MOBI just fine but it really botches up the TOC. You might want to give that program a look over Mobi pocket a lot more automated and a lot less command line without really sacrificing the power.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:28 am

Depends on the book. You can edit the XML tags it uses to find the beginning of chapters so it may be better or worse with each book. If you take the time to personalize the code for each book likely would be perfect. http://www.fanfictiondownloader.net/ for example does the Toc perfectly using calibre. It's all in how you configure it.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Fic Search