Ranma and Shampoo wearing a mask type story...

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma and Shampoo wearing a mask type story...

Postby TerraEpon » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:48 pm

There's a bunch of stories where some or even most of the characters are actually "wearing a mask" in canon, as it were (one called The Masks We Wear, another is Faking It though that one's a bit silly). Just curious if there's any where Ranma and Shampoo are 'together' behind the scenes, as it were. I actually seem to remember reading one, but I could be wrong.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Ranma and Shampoo wearing a mask type story...

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Hmm... I know of one story that I think may fit your criteria; "The Veils Placed Over Others Eyes" was the title, if I recall correctly,, by... I don't remember the author, but I believe it was (and still is) hosted on the Rakhal library site. Ranma and Shampoo aren't precisely "together", but they do meet secretly, Shampoo has been encouraging Ranma to vent his frustrations and pains to her, he has come to care for her, I believe she was starting to return the favor, and they were making plans to run away from Nerima together.

Other "masks" that I know it had were:
*Nabiki and Ukyo are in a lesbian relationship.
*Ukyo is only pretending to want to marry Ranma; really, she still wants revenge, she just knows she can't get it in a fight.
*Mousse & Akane are in love and having sex behind everyone's back, with Akane trying to drive Ranma away so she can marry Mousse without losing her honor.
*Happosai attends a hospital for sick children trying to help them get better.
*The Kuno family are only acting crazy to disguise the fact they are acting as replacements for Space Science Ninja Team Gatchaman.
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:49 am

Yeah, I remember that one. It was one of the two 'big' mask stories (the other being The Masks We Wear IIRC, which was mainly Ranma and Akane deciding after episode 6 or so to pretend to fight to keep from being forced into marriage, and are really best friends)

I don't think it's the one I'm thinking of though, if there IS another one...
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Mr L » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:50 am

SpaceKnight of Chaos wrote:Hmm... I know of one story that I think may fit your criteria; "The Veils Placed Over Others Eyes" was the title, if I recall correctly,, by... I don't remember the author, but I believe it was (and still is) hosted on the Rakhal library site. Ranma and Shampoo aren't precisely "together", but they do meet secretly, Shampoo has been encouraging Ranma to vent his frustrations and pains to her, he has come to care for her, I believe she was starting to return the favor, and they were making plans to run away from Nerima together.

Other "masks" that I know it had were:
*Nabiki and Ukyo are in a lesbian relationship.
*Ukyo is only pretending to want to marry Ranma; really, she still wants revenge, she just knows she can't get it in a fight.
*Mousse & Akane are in love and having sex behind everyone's back, with Akane trying to drive Ranma away so she can marry Mousse without losing her honor.
*Happosai attends a hospital for sick children trying to help them get better.
*The Kuno family are only acting crazy to disguise the fact they are acting as replacements for Space Science Ninja Team Gatchaman.

I think that is The Veils Over Others' Eyes by DB Sommer.
Mr L
Senshi Candidate

Postby Battlekrome » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:35 pm

*Happosai attends a hospital for sick children trying to help them get better

didn't he actually do this with Ms Hinako?
Through the sands of time I walk. Beyond time and space i call to those who awaken to the darkness and realize they are the light.
Battlekrome
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:49 pm

He does say that he used his "induce ki absorbing metabolism" trick on Hinako to help her get better, yes, but he also admits/shows that the first thing he did once she could drain ki was use her to stop the nurses from chasing him, implying it was partially or maybe even wholely for his own twisted, selfish reasons. As somebody once commented on these very boards; Happosai may like kids, but only a halfwit would actually trust him around them.
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search