Ranma 1/2 and Bubblegum Crisis crossovers

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma 1/2 and Bubblegum Crisis crossovers

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:30 am

I was in the mood for stories with those two series but, when I looked around (Ranmafics, FF.net, Ladycosmos and Rakhal), I was disappointed to not find much of anything. There's probably something in the bowels of FF.net, that isn't listed under crossovers, but I'm not willing to dig through all of that at the moment.

There's one story that I didn't see at the places where I looked, that I wouldn't mind reading again. Perhaps two, though they might be one and the same. In one, Ranma has taken Nene's role in the story, and I think a part illustrates the ability to hack. (The story might have been rather short, in part due to being unfinished.) In the other, I think Ranma wakes up and finds himself in a room or cell where he's being confined (possibly by the Knight Sabers), and he forces his way out.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: Ranma 1/2 and Bubblegum Crisis crossovers

Postby camk4evr » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:02 am

It sounds like you're looking forThe Bubble Burst by Fire. It was only a oneshot though Richard Beaubien did a follow up calledHide and Seek. Oddly enough neither story is on either of their FF.net accounts which is really irritating as I reread them a few weeks ago but I can't remember where I found them (the above links go to archive.org's copy of Fire's site)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shinji: Well suppose some mysterious entities were attacking, and
Asuka:Oh please, Baka Shinji, that sounds like some cheap, pseudo-profound T.V. show. Low budget. Ambiguous ending.
-Asuka and Shinji discussing why you would build a giant robot. NGE: Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol.6
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:36 am

A bit busy... but here are the ones I know.

R-BGC 'Of Alternate Realities' by Mordain - [Dld Date=09/29/2003] - [Dld Size=142kb] - [Dld Files=12] - [Status=Unknown]
  • No known valid link
R-BGC 'Ranma Punk 2033' by John Biles - [Dld Date=08/14/2002] - [Dld Size=253kb] - [Status=Inactive]R-BGC 'The Bubble Burst' by Fire - [Dld Date=11/23/2000] - [Dld Size=122kb] - [Status=Inactive]R-BGC 'The Bubble Burst SS' by Beaubien - [Dld Date=02/01/2001] - [Dld Size=29kb] - [Status=Inactive]
For Bubble Burst look on Fires Internet Archive link, and go to the short story subpage

There is also:

R-MULTI 'Just won't die' by Jeffrey OneShot Wong - [Dld Date=05/31/2006] - [Dld Size=14776kb] - [Dld Files=33] - [Status=Inactive]
R-AA 'Crossed Worlds Bubblegum Crisis' by Multiple - [Dld Date=07/10/2008] - [Dld Size=105kb] - [Dld Files=10] - [Status=Inactive]
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:02 pm

I haven't had a chance to read any of these yet, but I just wanted to say that I found that one story (that didn't have a link) archived, so I'll be able to read that one, too.

It's been a long time since I read any of the Just Won't Die series (I never got anywhere near to finishing it), and my memory isn't all that dependable, so I was wondering if it was one of those stories where Ranma gets cured of his curse. It's just not Ranma 1/2, to me, if there's no duality to justify the 1/2 in the title. (And if that's the case, that might be why I didn't read much of it.)
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Crescent Pulsar R wrote:I haven't had a chance to read any of these yet, but I just wanted to say that I found that one story (that didn't have a link) archived, so I'll be able to read that one, too.

Hey thanks. It is regrettably rare, but just because I cannot find it, does not mean others cannot. That is why when I respond in this section, I sometimes will give all the info I do have even on ones I do not know current links to. I'll add this in as soon as I can, but it will be too late for my next full listing, which I'm about to post in a few.

Crescent Pulsar R wrote:It's been a long time since I read any of the Just Won't Die series (I never got anywhere near to finishing it), and my memory isn't all that dependable, so I was wondering if it was one of those stories where Ranma gets cured of his curse. It's just not Ranma 1/2, to me, if there's no duality to justify the 1/2 in the title. (And if that's the case, that might be why I didn't read much of it.)

Well... it is a bit of a spoiler... but he does get cured eventually, the trick with this series though is there are really several Ranmas in it. But for the first Bubblegum Crisis Arc (chapter 1) where they meet in the story/saga, he still has it, he also still has it in the Urd Prequel. So you can still enjoy the first arc/chapter. Which is some 517kb txt.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Oh, it needed to be found? Ah, okay. No biggie. I've actually made a quasi-habit of digging up things over the years. ^^; (Because, more often than not, I come across something of interest long after its time, rather than it being fresh and readily available.)

Well, I'll read that much of it, then. XD As for spoilers, I have no problem with them. You know how people say that it's one thing to see a location via some media, and quite another to actually be there? That's how it is for me and spoilers: if the story's worth its pixels, knowing what will happen doesn't really detract from the experience.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Battlekrome » Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:31 am

lets see...

The Circe Project by Nicholas W. Leifker
(supposedly on ff.net but not sure might have to dig into RAAC)
http://archive.atfics.com/raac/index.ph ... ort_mode=d there we are :)

http://jusenkyo.wikia.com/wiki/Category ... gum_Crisis
Through the sands of time I walk. Beyond time and space i call to those who awaken to the darkness and realize they are the light.
Battlekrome
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fic Search