Ranma and Rei Hino pairing

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma and Rei Hino pairing

Postby Shanami » Sat May 08, 2010 4:11 pm

Okay, so the Ranma paired with a Senshi thing has been done a hell of a lot and there are some prime contenders for the senshi of choice. Usually, it seems to be Hotaru, Setsuna, Ami or oddly enough, Usagi. Well, at least in what I've read. What I've not seen much of at all is Ranma/Rei however, and I think that could be interesting.

If anyone knows any decent fics, preferably either still active or long enough to be interesting though I'm not particularly picky, that involve this pairing I'm looking for new stuff to read.

Thanks.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Ranma and Rei Hino pairing

Postby Lioconvoy » Sat May 08, 2010 5:56 pm

Destiny's Child by Fire has Ranma with Rei. Mind you in that story he is Hotaru. Still it's a great story in my opinion.

Edit: Here's the link: http://forum.ranmafics.com/Stories/Dest ... index.html
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:05 pm

Shanami wrote:Okay, so the Ranma paired with a Senshi thing has been done a hell of a lot and there are some prime contenders for the senshi of choice. Usually, it seems to be Hotaru, Setsuna, Ami or oddly enough, Usagi. Well, at least in what I've read. What I've not seen much of at all is Ranma/Rei however, and I think that could be interesting.

If anyone knows any decent fics, preferably either still active or long enough to be interesting though I'm not particularly picky, that involve this pairing I'm looking for new stuff to read.

Thanks.

The problem I think is a lot of authors veiw her as too close to Akane in disposition, and if Ranma were to move on, it likely would not be Rei. Again, by that way of thinking...

That being said, there are a couple other out there I'm aware of, both old, and hard to find.

One was a mere setup for a Ranma/Rei match, it did not get far.
R-SM 'Raven' by Chilord - [Dld Date=11/14/2003] - [Dld Size=20kb] - [Status=Inactive]
The other had a few chapters, but Ranma was back in the Moon Kingdom, not current times. It was:
R-SM 'Fate of Love' by Jason Wong - [Dld Date=09/05/2002] - [Dld Size=266kb] - [Dld Files=3] - [Status=Inactive]
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Sat May 08, 2010 8:07 pm

I know I've seen the pairing now and then...

I believe Benjamin Oliver's 'Going At It Like Rabbits!' has a Ranma/Rei pairing (well, there's no Akane/Nabiki/Kasumi; it's Rei/Haruka/Setsuna). And I think there's something, somewhere in Skysaber's 'Mirrors Multiplied,' but I don't feel like trying to read through all of it again just to catalog that. :P

I believe I've seen more than that, but that (and Destiny's Child) are really the only ones I can remember offhand.
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat May 08, 2010 8:57 pm

It's been quite a number of years since I've read this story, so I'm not sure, but someone else might be able to say whether they are matched up in Children of Fire.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Sun May 09, 2010 12:39 am

Pretty sure they are in Children of Fire, but it's VERY AU, though still not too much OOC.

I forgot if that one has a finacee deal, but I know there's at least a couple others which do (standard Genma trading Ranma for stolen shrine treasure or whatnot).
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sun May 09, 2010 11:45 am

Makoto wrote:And I think there's something, somewhere in Skysaber's 'Mirrors Multiplied,' ...

There is.

A few more that involve at least some Ranma/Rei:
Nighthawk's "A Misbegotten Time" (lime, maybe the wayback-thingy has a copy)
Targhan's "Moonlight Neko" (aka "Moonlight Kitty")
Addventure "Coupled Union - Wild Fires" (they're married)
Addventure "A Tale of Two Souls" (they're bonded)

Not exclusively Ranma/Rei are:
Mordae Durgul's "All for One" (gob of lime)
ShadowBakaSama's "Ranma Crossing Over to the Wild Side" (a fiancée pile-up)
Addventures "Chained World" and "Lust Dusted Senshi" (both have lemon episodes)
"You can not treat a car like a human! A car needs love!" (W. Röhrl)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sun May 09, 2010 12:22 pm

In 'On A Clear Day You Can See Forever' Rei is attracted to Ranma but nothing has happened. But if things continue to progress there's a good chance for a Ranma/Rei/Minako pairing.

http://www.shadowchronicles.net/
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun May 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Dumbledork wrote:In 'On A Clear Day You Can See Forever' Rei is attracted to Ranma but nothing has happened. But if things continue to progress there's a good chance for a Ranma/Rei/Minako pairing.

http://www.shadowchronicles.net/

Hmmm... I was thinking of straight pairings, but you have a point... to be specific though, Rei mentioned being more attracted to his female side, and hinted at some of the benefits were he to say... 'go native' as she put it to him...

There was also all the blatent hints where it is noted they are becoming a 'Tria'.

Gosh I wish that would get continued.

Regrettibly, I believe that story may be heading for a darker ending than that. But that is only a mere feeling, we will have to wait to see.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Sun May 09, 2010 5:42 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:The problem I think is a lot of authors veiw her as too close to Akane in disposition, and if Ranma were to move on, it likely would not be Rei. Again, by that way of thinking...

Ah, I was thinking something along the opposite lines... since Ranma seems most attracted to Akane, if he decided to move on, I'd think he'd go for someone similar to her but perhaps less potentially physically abusive (I realize fanon takes it to an extreme, but Akane is shown to hit Ranma at least occasionally).

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out. I forgot about Destiny's Child, been ages since I read it. I couldn't ever get into "On a Clear Day" think I just got to it too late and didn't feel like figuring it out. Perhaps I'll give it another go.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Andy2kk » Mon May 10, 2010 5:54 am

Children of Fire. AU Ranma and AU SM fanfic. Ranma and Rei are engaged (same thing as Ranma/Akane). Usagi is still a retard but also an Amazon now. Her family are all Juseynko-fied cats. Tendo's working for the Dark Kingdom. But I do remember it being a fun read (that was years ago though).
http://www.maison-otaku.net/~rhea/SMR/
Andy2kk
Senshi Cadet

Return to Fic Search