Ranma's Grandmother

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Re: Ranma's Grandmother

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:54 pm

Konsaki wrote:It's an interesting read but as with the previous fic I brought up, I have no memory of name or position on the net. Lot of help I am, eh? XD

Hmm... Sounds a bit like "Ranma Compo" by Chriina. It's at ranmafics.com under Misc./Multiple.
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:48 pm

Ranma Compo was a crossover with Family Compo (unsurprsingly) and not Futaba-kun Change. It had Ranma replacing the main character of the latter IIRC. That's probably it though, as I don't remember a Futaba crossover with the whole crossdresser thing.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:30 pm

Ah, yeah, it's Ranma Compo. Guess I remembered the x-over wrong, which isnt surprising since I couldnt remember the name.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:29 pm

TerraEpon wrote:Ranma Compo was a crossover with Family Compo (unsurprsingly) and not Futaba-kun Change. It had Ranma replacing the main character of the latter IIRC. That's probably it though, as I don't remember a Futaba crossover with the whole crossdresser thing.

Pity Ranma Compo stalled out. It was a half-decent story.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:59 pm

Ranma Compo by Chriina can also be found here on the web archive of Lady Cosmos' site:
http://web.archive.org/web/20050224180618/ladycosmos.anifics.com/x-over/ranmacompo.html

there are 16 chapters

TerraEpon wrote:Ranma Compo was a crossover with Family Compo (unsurprsingly) and not Futaba-kun Change. It had Ranma replacing the main character of the latter IIRC. That's probably it though, as I don't remember a Futaba crossover with the whole crossdresser thing.

It has a Futaba kun change cross too - When Ranma does the modeling session the girl she's modeling with is Futaba. and the family historian gives the explanation about the family history of crossdressing and their descent from a Yoko Shimeru and in chapter 16
SPOILER - Show Spoiler
Dr.Tofu is are about contact Futaba but s/he had gone on the fateful airplane journey that would have Futaba & co crash on the Shimeru Island/spaceship.
Alas the story ends unfinished.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:02 pm

Is Ranma Compo a Ranma/Akane story? If yes I'll only read it if the tomboy is not her usual violent self.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:10 pm

More Ranma/Nabiki
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:33 pm

J. St.C. Patrick wrote:More Ranma/Nabiki

Oh? I'll read it then.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby wildeman » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:45 pm

Your thinking of Ranma Compo by Chriina.
wildeman
Senshi Cadet

Postby Té Rowan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:15 am

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:Pity Ranma Compo stalled out. It was a half-decent story.

Yeah. I wanted to know more about Happi's doings.

It's very probably the same sixteen chapters at Lady Cosmos' as are at ranmafics.
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby wildeman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:14 am

It was a triple crossover between Ranma, Family Compo, and Futuba-chan.
wildeman
Senshi Cadet

Postby Shanami » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:31 pm

Well, while it is just in the beginning stage and does not have a cross Ten Less Than Then by L.A. Riverburn certainly qualifies as Ranma's grandmother changing his life entirely.

I thought the story has some decent possibilities, but right now all that exists is essentially a prologue. If it ever picks up again, it promises to be interesting.

I'm blanking on some others, but I know I've read some stories where Ranma's grandmother gets involved. Of them, Siren's Calling and Chaotic Rebirth are definitely the standouts, which were already mentioned.

Oh, in a way, you could possibly consider Ranma, Mage of Darkness to fit. It's a SM cross by Historianofthekais in which Ranma's umpteen great grandmother is Kasumi (I think, been a long time since I read it). Granted, she doesn't do all that much in his life, but she's definitely present.

And finally, Stars in the Sky by Chaos Lord has Ranma meet his grandmother and she definitely will have an influence, but it is just getting started. This story is a pretty unique take on the standard SM cross.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Fic Search