Advance Knowledge

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Advance Knowledge

Postby Comartemis » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:04 pm

This time I'm looking for a concept, not a specific fic.

The concept I'm looking for is any and all crossover fics where a misplaced individual is launched into a universe they know everything or close to everything about and they use their knowledge to affect the course of the series. The two fics I've read so far that use this concept are:

The Wild Horse Thesis
Gosunkugi sends Ranma into Evangelion to get rid of him, but NGE is Ranma's favorite show, and he uses what knowledge he has to befriend Rei, Misato, Kaji and Asuka and try to stop Gendo's plans for Third Impact. One of my favorites.

The Nighthawk Chronicles
Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer winds up in a Teen Titans/DC comics universe after an accident with a 'powerful magical doohicky' and some C4. He takes on the identity of Nighthawk, gets Slade's attention, and gets in a four-way romance with Raven, Starfire, and Jinx, among other things. Another really good fic.

Anyone got more to add?
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:20 pm

Hmmm... Yep, try:

COTS-MULTI 'The Protectorate Side Story 3' by Izcer4 - [Status=Complete] - [Last Dld=05/21/2003]
EH 'Oracle - The Fifth Earthling' by Matthew Lewis - [Status=Not Complete] - [Last Dld=08/23/2003]
R-AA 'Switching Places-Eva' by Multiple - [Status=Not Complete] - [Last Dld=07/18/2007]
R-AA 'Switching Places-Eva-Switcheroo' by Linnara - [Status=Not Complete] - [Last Dld=03/02/2007]
R-MULTI 'Not Another SI Fic' by Taiteki Kagato - [Status=Not Complete] - [Last Dld=07/06/2007]
R-NGE 'Evangelion 12' by SJiriki - [Status=Single File] - [Last Dld=10/18/2003]
R-SM 'The Immortals Series' by NighthawkTM-Cute Neko Kaydee - [Status=Not Complete] - [Last Dld=07/14/2002]

Honorable mention:

R-AA 'Silent Hero' by Multiple - [Status=Not Complete] - [Last Dld=05/19/2006]
R-SM 'Forever the Tomboy' by ranger5 - [Status=Not Complete] - [Last Dld=02/09/2005]

EDIT: there are more, but am a bit busy.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Staren » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:49 am

Not a crossover, but one of my favorites of the all-knowing-traveler genre:

Ranma, the Second Time Around - By kayemsi

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1988140/1/R ... ime_Around

After the battle with Saffron, Kami-sama grants Ranma a do over.
Staren
Senshi Cadet

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:47 am

Staren wrote:Not a crossover, but one of my favorites of the all-knowing-traveler genre:

Ranma, the Second Time Around - By kayemsi

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1988140/1/R ... ime_Around

After the battle with Saffron, Kami-sama grants Ranma a do over.

Yeah... I had to give it some extra thought, as while I could think of a ton that had time travel and applied, many were within series, and crossovers were specifically asked for.

Another one:

R-TM 'Nodoka's Curse' by E-Type - [Status=Not Complete] - [Last Dld=09/24/2002]
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fic Search