Ranma/Hotaru...

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Postby lwf58 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:36 pm

Quizer wrote:I see. This is quite bothersome, especially as it isn't always easy to tell where to put the diverging thread (for example, I couldn't locate the proper place for a 'question for the mods'-type thing like this)

In the forum rules, we said:

4) General

A) If you don't know if something is okay, ask an Admin or Moderator first.

That is a little vague, isn't it? Okay. It's now:

4) General

A) If you don't know if something is okay, send a private message to an Admin or Moderator and ask about it before posting.

That should clear up any doubts about the subject.

And that's enough of that. Back to the topic.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Muramasa » Tue May 29, 2007 8:06 am

Quizer wrote:I've just read 'Awkward Consequences'. It's fairly good overall, although I feel the angst is a little excessive at times. Did Hotaru angst this much in canon over her 'freaky' healing ability or her destructive powers?

Also, the hook is a little contrived in my opinion, although it's possible to suspend disbelief. Ranma may have next to no tolerance to alcohol, but his martial artist willpower and his thorough desensitization towards female allures should make an outcome like the one described in the story very unlikely. Still, once you get over that, the rest of the story is logically sound.

Unfortunately, the story cuts off abandoned just when most of the problematic issues are dealt with, and when we were finally about to see some Senshi action. The story is definitely worth the read, although I wouldn't call it a masterpiece.

Quizer

I thought it was quite good. At first I was a bit hesitant with this kind of plot element but the author pulls it off very well. Ranma's characterization is spot on and this new fresh perception of Hotaru is actually a bit refreshing.

Overall a very good job. I just wish the author decided to finish the story.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Previous

Return to Fic Search