The Queen of Fukufics

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

The Queen of Fukufics

Postby lwf58 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:26 pm

A question was raised about the possibility of having custom avatar titles and graphics for selected individuals.
Having talked it over with Sunny, we are willing to grant them on a merit-based system.
What we'd like to have is nominations for three people who you all think contribute the most to the site as a whole, making it a fun place to hang out. Which members give the best C&C to fics posted in the comments folder? Which members are most active in the non-spamville folders and keep things rolling?
Right now, we are considering having a Moon Queen and two Moon Cat Advisors. Is this a good idea, or do you all think that the winners should be able to choose their own titles?
The titles will have their own custom graphic instead of the usual colored skirts, and will be granted as a privilege. If my suggestions for the Queen and Moon Cats is adopted, then they will not be permanent; they will be up for grabs on a quarterly basis by merit.
If the majority votes for self-chosen titles and graphics, then they will be one-person-only, with every person choosing their own.
Either way, the titles would be revoked for bad behavior or rules violations.
Thoughts and suggestions, anyone?
Last edited by lwf58 on Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Metroidvania » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:30 pm

If the majority votes for self-chosen titles and graphics, then they will be one-person-only, with every person choosing their own.

I'm a little confused.
Does this mean that if the majority votes for self-chosen titles, everyone can then choose a custom title and graphic by themselves?
Or does it mean that only those who are voted recieve the (temporary) right to do so?
Last edited by Metroidvania on Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:30 pm

I would like to nominate the following three people.
Metroidvania, Neko-, and Bliss. I would nominate more, but I think that would be going over the top on my part.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:41 pm

Metroidvania wrote:I'm a little confused.
Does this mean that if the majority vote for their own title, everyone can then choose a custom title and graphic by themselves?
Or does it mean that only those who are voted recieve the (temporary) right to do so?

The persons who receive the most votes get the right to choose their own titles and graphics, which they will retain for however long. At the moment, I'm leaning towards making it a quarterly reward for forum contribution by popular acclamation. However, I'm open to ideas in that regard. For now, it's going to be limited to three people so we can see if it works. It will never replace the automated system based on posting. It's just a little reward for those who make an effort to keep this place fun.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby lwf58 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:45 pm

Rei-chan wrote:I would nominate more, but I think that would be going over the top on my part.

No, that's just right. Nominate the three people who you think are most deserving. It would be great if you mention why you think they deserve special recognition.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby DCG » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:45 pm

Interesting idea. And it sounds like a good reward for long time posters.
But the chosen title part is all ready taken I’m afraid.
It's a prize in an upcoming writing challenge.

Along with costom art from JC and acey.
After that, who knows.
But it just may stay that way.
If you guys want costom titles get your muses ready.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Himitsu » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:49 pm

No, that's just right. Nominate the three people who you think are most deserving. It would be great if you mention why you think they deserve special recognition.

I, in a not so humble manner, because I'm freaking awesome, and there is nothing humble about me nominate my most hated and arch nemisis Stratagemini, aka, Stag.
For his contributiions to almost every forum in on the site, before and after it got nuked! His activity may have fallen somewhat lately because of real life, but he keeps that update thread going. And he left a pelothra of reviews and C&C on almost everything before they all got erased! Who else deserves the title of "Moon Queen" more then that stinky midget?
Stag! Know you have your old buddie's Himitsu's supports you on your rise to the throne as Queen Stag, Ruler of Pie, Enemy of Soap, Number One Scape goat and Winner of the Ejected out the most air locks in the span of 5 minutes award!
As for my other two nominations. I nominate Stag the Stinky, and Stag the really good Armrest.
When you're as smart as me, you don't need proof.
Spammaster Rank S.
Himitsu
Trickster Priest

Postby Rei-chan » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:49 pm

Ooh when does the writing challenge start? Or has it already?
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:15 pm

I think Pat should get something. He's pretty active in the Fan Art (I believe mos of hte fan art gets his input or is his work) and has been keeping his little corner of Spamville going. *shrugs* And he helping in the C&C department as well...
Cryst-chan should as well because not only has he been an interesting addition to Spamville, but has also been posting C&C, been postin in the Sailor Moon, Ranma and Fic Research threads (correct me if I'm wrong) but also, in the Misc, and Other threads as well... *shrugs* And hasn't been limiting himself to one thread exclusively...
Following that reason Wolfie should as well (Pale Wolf)....although Wolfie is more in the Sailor Moon, Ranma and Fic Research threads (correct me once again if I'm wrong)..... recently contributes to the Guess the Movie thread as well..
Princess of Nyx (Nix)
Saving the world, One Bishie at a Time

Rank Up! Spammaster Rank C by Himi-chan Sept. 5, 2007
Appointed 'Universal Translator' by Cybses July 22, 2006
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:43 am

Well, who to nominate?
First off, I have to agree with Bliss: J. St.C. Patrick deserves a nomination. His attention to detal in the C&C section is mindboggeling, and a comunity service to readers and writers alike.
I would nominate Togashi Gaijin, for all his info on japanese culture, but he posts so rarely that would be a waste.
And as suprised as I am that he hasnt nominated himself: Himitsu. Without him, spamville just wouldnt be the same.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:26 am

Atlan wrote:And as suprised as I am that he hasnt nominated himself: Himitsu. Without him, spamville just wouldnt be the same.

Sorry, Himitsu is not eligible. He already has a custom title, so there's nothing for him to win.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby lwf58 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:37 am

Okay, the list of nominations as of now is:
Acey
Antimatterenergy
Bliss
Crystlshake
Daniel Jess Gibson
J.St. C. Patrick
Metroidvania
Neko-
Pale Wolf
Stratagemini
WarGiver
I'm leaving the nominations open until the end of the week, after which I'll open a poll for voting.
Don't forget, I also want your opinions on how this should work so that it's the most fun. That's why I'm thinking quarterly "reigns"; so that no one person gets the privilege locked in and everyone has a chance at it if they contribute to the site, regardless of posting status.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Bliss » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:53 am

Just a question. How long is a 'quarterly reign'?
Princess of Nyx (Nix)
Saving the world, One Bishie at a Time

Rank Up! Spammaster Rank C by Himi-chan Sept. 5, 2007
Appointed 'Universal Translator' by Cybses July 22, 2006
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:19 am

lwf58 wrote:Don't forget, I also want your opinions on how this should work so that it's the most fun. That's why I'm thinking quarterly "reigns"; so that no one person gets the privilege locked in and everyone has a chance at it if they contribute to the site, regardless of posting status.

This also gives the chance for permant ones to be given to those that win the fic contests.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Hazard » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:55 am

3 months of ruling Bliss.
The measure of someone's sanity is decided by popular vote.
Hazard
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Other Talk