The Queen of Fukufics

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Postby Bliss » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:04 pm

I suppose we can award based on the most involvement in certain threads, but I don't really think that's a good idea. It encourages isolation into certain threads.... I rather award those that have been branching off, even if they are more renowned for their C&C or their Fan-Art or their Contributions to Fic Research, or whatnot..... and I think Spamville should have something as well, even if we aren't the most serious of bunches and really don't do much, we're also a part of the boards, and as such something humourous seems appropriate.... perhaps like some others have suggested a Jester title? Or if not, we could go with something wholly ironic, like Plutonian Jester.. *shrugs* Just something to add to I s'pose.
Princess of Nyx (Nix)
Saving the world, One Bishie at a Time

Rank Up! Spammaster Rank C by Himi-chan Sept. 5, 2007
Appointed 'Universal Translator' by Cybses July 22, 2006
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Shadell » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:37 pm

Bliss wrote:I suppose we can award based on the most involvement in certain threads, but I don't really think that's a good idea. It encourages isolation into certain threads.... I rather award those that have been branching off, even if they are more renowned for their C&C or their Fan-Art or their Contributions to Fic Research, or whatnot.....

Perhaps the current special titles could be kept as a 'best overall' deal with a maximum of two or so continous elections for one person, and the specific titles could be given to others after the Moon Queen and Moon Cat elections.
and I think Spamville should have something as well, even if we aren't the most serious of bunches and really don't do much, we're also a part of the boards, and as such something humourous seems appropriate.... perhaps like some others have suggested a Jester title? Or if not, we could go with something wholly ironic, like Plutonian Jester.. *shrugs* Just something to add to I s'pose.

While spamville is a part of the forum, we don't really make a contribution to the comunity as a whole in spamville. Also spamville has Himitsu with his unique title. If we're doing one per forum it might just be easier to leave spamville unaltered.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu on Friday May 23, 2008 7:33 pm
http://www.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=175018118
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:11 pm

It could be argued that the playfull banter in spamville adds to the collective feeling of community. At least for the regulars. Personally Ive logged into the site around once a day or more in part due to spamville. The activity is greater and fewer threads hit a dead end due to its nature. Its also a nice experience to hang out with some of the great authers here and learn a bit about the personalities that craft the stories we love. As for titles in Spamville, a person could just include it in their footer. A good number of the residents already house personal stats there anyway. Whats the difficulty in adding anouther bit of text to that? I dont mean to say that more titles would be unappreciated in anyway, but we also dont want to get carried away and remove the specialness and uniqueness of the reward.
And now you know my side of the story. :wink:
'The willow knows what the storm does not. The power to endure pain outlives the power to inflict it.' -MtG, Blood of the Martyr
Appointed Spamville Inquisition Deputy by Shadell September 27, 2006.
Appointed Himitsu's Loyal Left Hand Girl October 26, 2006.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Bliss » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:28 pm

*grins* True. There is a point to that. *shrugs* Well I just figure it'd be harder to judge thread/board specific titles unless it's by the people who frequent said thread/board.... after all, I'm not much of a judge on who gives the best C&C unless I've written something and gotten C&C back. So.... *shrugs* I guess that's the one snag.... I mean we didn't have much in terms of the voting and whatnot for the titles, relatively speaking, so it'd be even fewer if it was thread specific right?
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Shadell » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:05 pm

Not necassarily. After all, you don't have to be recieving a critique of your own work to identify insightful comments and/or critisisms about someone elses. Additionaly if they were posted as footers, they'd be less noticable and less official looking.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:55 pm

*grins* I think the problem I'm faced with is, say someone who never frequents the C&C boards votes for the C&C title..... that wouldn't make sense right? However, there is no prevention of that from occuring right? I mean after all, we can't effectively bar someone from voting no? With forum-wide titles, you need not vote specifics, because it's all about participation in all threads. However, I do believe that board specific titles are a good idea, and something that utilizes the Royal Court theme, as well as the Senshi idea would work best.
Hmmmm on another note, how many extra titles will be awarded? Obviously we can't award one for every thread/board... right? So are there specific awards to be given then? I mean for example the best C&C, the best art critiques, Keeping the Update List alive, best at keeping the Guess the Movie thread alive, most welcoming, best research, Master of Ranma Canon (Manga/Anime), Master of Ideas, Master of Sailor Moon Canon (Manga/Anime) and the like? or Are we doing..... by Board Titles.. so Fan Art, Fic Research, C&C..etc?
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:49 pm

*shrugs* I wasn't seriously considering titles for Spamville, just merely suggesting something of the like.
So plans for expansion of the titles have been completely scrapped is that it?
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:37 am

*shrugs* I wasn't seriously considering titles for Spamville, just merely suggesting something of the like.

Same here. Thinking about that may cause some good idea's to crop up that are usable.
I like the idea of using the various courts for the titles. It'll encompass the Sailor Moon royalty (allowing for the forum to stick to it's roots), while keeping it diverse and creative. Furthermore awarding to job seems to be the most straight-forward and simple idea.
We might even go for awarding titles and leaving it up to the one winning the actual title to depict the planet he/she would like to represent during his/her reign to keep titles from going stale, yet not dropping the actual merit of the title.
This trimester we have a mercurian whatever, for the next trimester we have a venusian whatever, followed by a terran whatever... etc. etc. I do strongly suggest tho that we do not have two titles of the same kind (other then possibly the mooncat advisors) to keep it from getting too confusing for everyone.
Or the planets could just be cycled through from the moderator/owners side.
As to titles... This may give out some idea's.
No, there will never, ever be a "Venusian Lovemaster"

Awww... Spoil-sport! I was considering Valkyrie-Ice for that position :P
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:10 am

I like Neko-chan's idea of letting the recipient of the award depict the planet he/she represents, while still maintaining the rank....although I think it'd be hard to implement. I mean wouldn't that mean for every new rank, we'd have to have one for each planet? How would we distinguish say a Jovian Librarian with a Venusian Librarian, lest we had something subtly different..... but that's too much work. However including it in the signature makes it less official, and will cheapen the title. *shrugs* I guess the biggest problem is balancing diversity/creativity and practicality.
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:34 pm

Bliss wrote:*shrugs* I wasn't seriously considering titles for Spamville, just merely suggesting something of the like.
So plans for expansion of the titles have been completely scrapped is that it?

Let me clarify.
I'm not considering having a title for spamville for the reasons you all have listed in your posts. It's not really a place where awards are appropriate, given its nature. If you look over the majority of the posts in each thread, they amount to bulk without substance.
That said, I still appreciate the discussion about it. Just because I'm not in favor of such a thing doesn't mean you couldn't convince me otherwise. If you can manage it, I'd then talk to Sunny about it and see whether your points could impress him too. That would be the final decision maker.
No, the plans for additional titles have not been scrapped. In the end, this whole affair is my show, subject to Sunny's final approval. That's why I want and like to see this discussion. Whether or not we really do expand the system will depend on what you all say about it.
As for the number of titles... I have no intention of going wild with them. In the short run, an expansion would only be a few new titles, maybe two or three. And even for that, I need to be assured that it will be a good move. That's why this thread is of value, and your opinions are needed.
Keep in mind that this is all very experimental. I don't want to jump into something unwieldy that would collapse because it's unworkable over the long haul. Plus, I can't emphasize enough that this system is meant to be a reward for the effort people put into the forum, a way of showing that such effort is appreciated by forum members and staff alike. Ideally, the titles should be an honor that you all want to earn. If they are regarded as fluff, and no one cares about earning them, then the experiment will have failed.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Shadell » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:35 pm

It would probably be easier to leave each title with a permanent planet.
Additionaly if we're only going through with 2 or 3 new ones it might be better to make those specific for ideal characteristics in a forumite, or it would probably be good to boil them down to the areas of the forum that require the most effort.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:45 pm

If the titles are going to be permanent then it wouldn't really matter what Sailor Senshi is used.
If temporary (like the Moon Queen and Cat Advisor titles) then why not use 'Knight of Fukufics' (Actually that would work for a permanent title as well) and have the current Moon Queen give away title like Archivest and Libararian?
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:46 pm

Bliss wrote:I mean wouldn't that mean for every new rank, we'd have to have one for each planet? How would we distinguish say a Jovian Librarian with a Venusian Librarian, lest we had something subtly different..... but that's too much work.

When I put that idea up, I meant that each position would be associated with the planet that best represented it. In fan fiction, at least, Mercury is the planet of science and learning, hence the Archivist being Mercurian. I was mistaken to assign "Historian" to Jupiter, though. Pluto being the Sailor Moon planet associated with time, it's more likely that a Royal Historian would be Plutonian. Jupiter in Sailor Moon is more of a naturalist's realm, as the planet is associated with lightning and nature. If the Royal Court had a gardener, he or she would probably be Jovian. Come to think of it, a "Royal Electrician" probably would be too. :D
lwf58
Site Master

Postby lwf58 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:57 pm

camk4evr wrote:If the titles are going to be permanent then it wouldn't really matter what Sailor Senshi is used.
If temporary (like the Moon Queen and Cat Advisor titles) then why not use 'Knight of Fukufics' (Actually that would work for a permanent title as well) and have the current Moon Queen give away title like Archivest and Libararian?

Ah. You misunderstood Shadell. He meant that each office should be permanently associated with a planet, as I mentioned in my previous post.
None of the titles we are talking about here are going to be permanent. That is an honor that will only come from winning site contests, such as the idea for a fic writing contest that Sunny and DCG are kicking around. I'm not part of that.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Bliss » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:50 pm

So if we're going with board/thread specifics, and leaving it at a handful at best, we'll need to decide which board/threads to vote upon right?
C&C is a given, but what else? Especially with a limit of less than 5, we'll definitely need to cut it down a bit right? Hmmmm C&C, Fan Art, and Fic Research as the three remaining titles? Or shall we make it five bringing the whole thing to 8.... should be manageable right?
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Other Talk