The Queen of Fukufics

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Postby Shadell » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:58 pm

Bliss wrote:So if we're going with board/thread specifics, and leaving it at a handful at best, we'll need to decide which board/threads to vote upon right?
C&C is a given, but what else? Especially with a limit of less than 5, we'll definitely need to cut it down a bit right? Hmmmm C&C, Fan Art, and Fic Research as the three remaining titles? Or shall we make it five bringing the whole thing to 8.... should be manageable right?

Maybe combing a few so:
C&C+Ideas, Fan Art, the various series discussions+Fic Research as the three catagories.
The only things that would leave unrepresented are the specific useful threads that benefit the forum.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu on Friday May 23, 2008 7:33 pm
http://www.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=175018118
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:14 pm

Well we can't award everything right? *grins* And those are the most important right? Things like the Update List, or whatnot is too specific for just a title... and the Intro threads aren't used enough to matter..
Princess of Nyx (Nix)
Saving the world, One Bishie at a Time

Rank Up! Spammaster Rank C by Himi-chan Sept. 5, 2007
Appointed 'Universal Translator' by Cybses July 22, 2006
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Shadell » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:58 pm

Bliss wrote:Well we can't award everything right? *grins* And those are the most important right? Things like the Update List, or whatnot is too specific for just a title... and the Intro threads aren't used enough to matter..

That sounds about right. And there is always the Moon Queen+Moon Cat titles left for everyone who contributes. Speaking of that it would seem like it might be wise to hold the Moon Queen elections before the other ones, as everyone would be a canidate for MQ and MCA and it would be impossible to really hold two titles at once.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu on Friday May 23, 2008 7:33 pm
http://www.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=175018118
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:07 pm

Well obviously we vote for the higher courts first, before we can appoint the other royal titles... *shrugs* I think the problem is participation rather than anything else.... I mean we need more people to vote rather than the usual handful of posters... *shrugs* but it seems entirely inappropriate if we dragged the voting on...
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:12 pm

Bliss wrote:Well obviously we vote for the higher courts first, before we can appoint the other royal titles... *shrugs* I think the problem is participation rather than anything else.... I mean we need more people to vote rather than the usual handful of posters... *shrugs* but it seems entirely inappropriate if we dragged the voting on...

Typically, about 10% of any group takes an active part, we had about 30 of 400, which is low but not beyond the pale.
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:31 am

lwf58 wrote:Ah. You misunderstood Shadell. He meant that each office should be permanently associated with a planet, as I mentioned in my previous post.
None of the titles we are talking about here are going to be permanent. That is an honor that will only come from winning site contests, such as the idea for a fic writing contest that Sunny and DCG are kicking around. I'm not part of that.

Ah, I see. Sorry about that. I'd only been up for about ten minutes when I'd posted this morning.
Shadell wrote:Maybe combing a few so:
C&C+Ideas, Fan Art, the various series discussions+Fic Research as the three catagories.

Wouldn't some one who submitted Fan Art be elligilble for a permanent title from contests? Should we offer temporary titles in an area where permanent title may be awarded?
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Neko- » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:19 am

How would we distinguish say a Jovian Librarian with a Venusian Librarian, lest we had something subtly different

What I was more or less thinking was using only one position of a Librarian. The recipient of the title would be free to select the 'Venusian, 'Mercurian' or some other prefix.
At any one time I'd still go for one Librarian tho, to keep it overseeable.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:52 am

At the moment, the only contest I'm aware of is DCG's fic contest, which is still in the planning stages. He'll make the announcements about it when the time comes.
As for fan art... There could be contests in the future for it, which could have permanent title awards. However, there are no plans for such a thing as yet, so that remains in the "may or may not happen" category. For the Royal Court system, please note that everyone who participates in the Fan Art folder would be eligible, not just those who create fan art. If someone is valued by the artists for their ideas and comments, he or she would be open for a nomination too.
For now, the three general titles already in place and three titles for specific contributions sounds about right, and Sunny agrees with that. We won't make titles for individual threads; they should be for participation in a significant folder. The three that you all are proposing (C&C, Fan Art, and Fic Research) are good choices, and it makes sense to have awards for them. The question then comes down to what titles are most appropriate and descriptive for those folders, and what the criteria would be for nomination. Please continue your discussion.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Bliss » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:18 am

So, we've narrow'd it down to C&C, Fan Art and Fic Research? Are we going with Shades-chan's Combo Idea meaning C&C+Ideas, Fic Research + Series Discussions, and Fan Art or just C&C , Fan Art and Fic Research?
Either way we've gotta come up with titles right? Well wouldn't it be best if we knew what we're judging for? Or what qualities are 'desired' for each title? For example the Moon Queen and Cat Advisors, were participation all across the forums, making insightful and helpful comments, and generally adding to the feel of the boards and all that right? Someone who makes an effort to contribute to the forum as a whole, and not just to certain threads/boards right? So then what's the criteria for C&C, Fan Art and Fic Research? Especially the Research category....*shrugs* I mean C&C and Fan Art I sort of understand and can work out, but with Research, what's a desirable quality?
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:41 am

Just thinking out loud, since we're looking for titles to fit the roles:
C&C - Providing feedback... So something regarding mail or such? Secretary?
Fan Art - Marketing? A painter or artist of sorts?
Fic Research - A scientist/alchemist?
Anyone feel free to build/expand upon this here...
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:52 am

Well if we're going with the whole 'Royal Court' thing, then I don't think a secretary would work... umm.... a Scribe or Archivist?
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:57 am

Bliss wrote:So, we've narrow'd it down to C&C, Fan Art and Fic Research? Are we going with Shades-chan's Combo Idea meaning C&C+Ideas, Fic Research + Series Discussions, and Fan Art or just C&C , Fan Art and Fic Research?

I'll leave that open to discussion. While it needs to be narrowed down to three titles, I'd like to see you hash it out between yourselves before I close it and take it up with Sunny.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Neko- » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:57 am

My point is more that I'm not that well versed in the elder titles and possibilities... Well, not in english anyways... :P
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:13 pm

*grins* Well I may be confident with my grasp of everyday English, but I still have trouble with all the little nuances... *pouts* this is what you get when English isn't your first language no matter how long you've been studying it. Heh. It'd be amusing to have Latin or another such language as the titles, but I don't know Latin or Greek or any of the other 'ancient' Western languages.... heh. It's like my English teacher said.. tack on some Latin and it instantly sounds importatn ^^
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:20 am

Bliss wrote:Well if we're going with the whole 'Royal Court' thing, then I don't think a secretary would work... umm.... a Scribe or Archivist?

I think 'Archivist' (or maybe Royal Archivist) would be better for research, (Royal?) 'Scribe' for for fanfics+C&C, but I can't think of anything better than 'Royal Artist' for FanArt.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Other Talk