The Queen of Fukufics

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Postby crystlshake » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:34 pm

Royal or Court Artisan?
'The willow knows what the storm does not. The power to endure pain outlives the power to inflict it.' -MtG, Blood of the Martyr
Appointed Spamville Inquisition Deputy by Shadell September 27, 2006.
Appointed Himitsu's Loyal Left Hand Girl October 26, 2006.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Bliss » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:37 pm

*shrugs* That's as good as any, Cryst-chan. *smirks* Or Artiste~
Princess of Nyx (Nix)
Saving the world, One Bishie at a Time

Rank Up! Spammaster Rank C by Himi-chan Sept. 5, 2007
Appointed 'Universal Translator' by Cybses July 22, 2006
Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:56 am

crystlshake wrote:Royal or Court Artisan?

That definitely sounds a lot better than 'Royal Artist', Shake.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:52 am

As defined by Merriam-Webster:
artisan
Main Entry: ar·ti·san
Pronunciation: 'är-t&-z&n, -s&n, chiefly British "är-t&-'zan
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French, from northern Italian dialect form of Tuscan artigiano, from arte art, from Latin art-, ars
1 : a worker who practices a trade or handicraft : CRAFTSPERSON
2 : one that produces something (as cheese or wine) in limited quantities often using traditional methods
- ar·ti·san·al /-z&-n&l, -s&-, -'za-/ adjective
- ar·ti·san·ship /-"ship/ noun
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:18 am

What is the painting equivalent of the Poet Laureate? National Treasure was the closest I could find.
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Postby Shadell » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:18 pm

Daniel Jess Gibson wrote:What is the painting equivalent of the Poet Laureate? National Treasure was the closest I could find.

Hmm... Not sure if there is a direct equivalent. A few ideas for the titles themselves though
C&C - Critic, Reviewer, Court Jester, Aide de camp, editor
Fan Art - Creator, Bohemian, Painter, Artist, Sculptor
Fic Research - Historian, Sage, Librarian
Yeah, most of those are a bit of a stretch, just trying to come up with every possible option for now.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu on Friday May 23, 2008 7:33 pm
http://www.monstersgame.us/?ac=vid&vid=175018118
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Bliss » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:13 am

So we've decided to make the C&C include the Ideas section, and the Fic Research to include the Sailor Moon and Ranma sections as well, or are we putting that aside to think about title names?
Hmmmm and the other sections like Other Talk and Misc are too diverse to justify a title right? *grins* What about the Other Fiction + Fuku sections? Though I do s'pose those don't really matter much in the long run seeing as they're mostly "I'm looking for...." posts...
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:59 pm

Bliss wrote:So we've decided to make the C&C include the Ideas section, and the Fic Research to include the Sailor Moon and Ranma sections as well, or are we putting that aside to think about title names?
Hmmmm and the other sections like Other Talk and Misc are too diverse to justify a title right? *grins* What about the Other Fiction + Fuku sections? Though I do s'pose those don't really matter much in the long run seeing as they're mostly "I'm looking for...." posts...

That depends on what you all come to a consensus on, but yes, we want something definite for the descriptions of the award qualifications. That is, there shouldn't be anything vague about what they are being given for. The top three awards, MQ+MCA, are the ones given for overall spiffiness.
There's no hurry about how long the deliberations over this can take. If you come up with something you like this month, we can go ahead with nominations. But if you still need time to talk it over, I'll just add them to the scheduled nominations at the end of December. I want the winners of the new awards to hold them for at least two months.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Bliss » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:48 pm

Alright, so we've got two things on the agenda. Solidifying what the three new titles entail, and thereby deciding what qualify said titles, and deciding what the titles are called.
Well I think it'd be prudent to take care of solidifying what the title entails before we decide what the titles are called... though it might be the harder decision of the two.
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Shadell » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:42 pm

Bliss wrote:So we've decided to make the C&C include the Ideas section, and the Fic Research to include the Sailor Moon and Ranma sections as well, or are we putting that aside to think about title names?

Hmm... The otehr fiction+Fuku sections could be added in under Fic Research as they both encompasse the same type of details. Namely knowledge about canon and fics in general. However that would make that title pretty big, so for now I'd say just go with what you said Bliss.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby stratagemini » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:48 pm

Bliss wrote:Hmmmm and the other sections like Other Talk and Misc are too diverse to justify a title right? *grins* What about the Other Fiction + Fuku sections? Though I do s'pose those don't really matter much in the long run seeing as they're mostly "I'm looking for...." posts...

As far as that sort of thing goes while some in Talk and Misc are fishing for posts there are others who either try and help new members get aquainted with the boards, and still others who try and suggest new and interesting fics for people to try.
The "Helpful To New Members" category shows promise for an official title because it shows New Members who to trust and emulate.
As for the other, it shows new members (and old members) who to ask for suggestions for fics and may encourage the posting of new and interesting fics in the various reccomendations threads (which is always a good thing).
The suggestions thing covers both Misc and Other Fanfiction. but not the whole of them, just the suggestions threads.
Perhaps something like
Court Archivist or Librarian would be more appropriate to Fic Suggestions where Fic Research which mostly has to do with Knowledge of the canon would be more suited for Historian or Sage.
I See in Your Eyes, The same fear that would take the heart of me.
A Day may come, when the courage of men fails!
When we forsake our works, and break all bond of authorship- But Is Not THIS Day!
This Day, We WRITE!
stratagemini
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Bliss » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:13 pm

Perhaps I'm not understanding this correctly but are you suggesting, an inclusion of a new title/category that is leaning towards helping the newcomers and whatnot find fics, and information, and welcoming them to the boards and the like, that's not included in the three new tentative titles we have going or as one of the new three?
I like the idea of Fic Suggestion as being awarded merit, and keeping the Fic Research as another title, works as well...instead of say combining Suggestion and Research together.....
C&C and Ideas can be combined and included, since it seems to be one of the selling points of the forum... which leaves whether or not Fan Art is still included? I kind of hope so... lest we neglect some of our other member's contributions....
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby stratagemini » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:36 pm

I was proposing them seperate from teh three already there since I think that those two awards have the potential to encourage more constructive posting in other areas as well.
I See in Your Eyes, The same fear that would take the heart of me.
A Day may come, when the courage of men fails!
When we forsake our works, and break all bond of authorship- But Is Not THIS Day!
This Day, We WRITE!
stratagemini
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Bliss » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:41 pm

So keep Fic Suggestion and 'Helpful to New Members' as two completely separate titles from the three we already have, then? So brings the total up to 8 titles then?
Princess of Nyx (Nix)

Bliss
Super Power Senshi

Postby Shadell » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:09 pm

Bliss wrote:So keep Fic Suggestion and 'Helpful to New Members' as two completely separate titles from the three we already have, then? So brings the total up to 8 titles then?

I think the limit of new ones was 2 to 3 +Moon Queen and Cats.
Prince(ss) of Europa.
Shadell
Crystal Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Other Talk