The Queen of Fukufics

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Postby lwf58 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:19 am

Metroidvania wrote:Does this mean if one registered someone for MQ/MCA, and one board category, _plus_ a board category?
I find myself a bit confused by that definition.

No, by that process, you'd be nominating the person for MQ/MCA and one of the board categories. In addition to that, you'd be nominating three more people to the board categories, one person for each. That means that one of the board categories would get two people nominated for it; the person nominated for MQ/MCA and another. The other two board categories would only have one nomination each. That was to cover the fact that being nominated for MQ/MCA shouldn't disqualify a person for the lower awards, but still avoid the potential problem of the same people's names dominating all four categories. I'd like to see the awards spread out a bit if possible.
The problem with the other option is that some are involved in both C&C and Research, but I see where you're coming from with the one title only....
perhaps nominations in two Fic related categories, and automatic registration in the MQ/MCA, with the MQ taking priority, and then, if by some reason, whoever wins MQ and a fic category can choose on which they want, and having the other person recieve the unchosen one....and if one were to win two fic categories, again, they could choose which one they wanted privately, and have the other person take the other title.

The MQ/MCA is a higher award, given for overall excellence. The board awards are lower. If we do the auto MQ registration, then making which award is received a choice of the recipient throws the vote of the forum out the window. The awards are the forum's acclamation; giving the higher awards to people who were not voted into them would be an insult to the forum members who participated in the voting. So while I appreciate the thought you put into it, that idea can't be adopted.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby lwf58 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:28 am

Bliss wrote:I think the biggest problem with the second system is that we don't have a lot of people in the Fan Art section that post fan-art/criticism/comments/whatnot.... and if all nominations for fan art automatically apply for MCA/MQ it'd be a problem... for say the Research or C&C which feature a wider range of people, thus are more selective...
The first option sounds a lot more 'balanced', although I'm confused about the wording as well.. does it mean people nominate someone for the MCA/MQ polls+ one of the board-specific polls, and nominate another for just the board-specific poll?

First paragraph: Hmm. I really can't see it as a problem per se. Even if it puts people you don't think are worthy of MQ on the nominations, it doesn't mean anyone will vote for them. I just have to be certain to explain the criteria that they are voting for are as clear as I can.
Second paragraph: Hopefully my last post cleared up that question.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Metroidvania » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:30 am

Hmm....
Now that I understand the first option better, I like it, except for the person being voted for MQ/MCA being included in a fic-related category, but without it, things go back to being seperate and hectic.
Is there anyway a compromise could be made between the MQ/MCA vote and the others without having two people voted in for one of the Fic/Fanart categories?
So while I appreciate the thought you put into it, that idea can't be adopted.

Don't worry about it. Just throwing out options.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:39 am

Metroidvania wrote:Is there anyway a compromise could be made between the MQ/MCA vote and the others without having two people voted in for one of the Fic/Fanart categories?

Got me. Perhaps someone else will have a suggestion about that.
lwf58
Site Master

Re: The Queen of Fukufics

Postby Spokavriel » Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 am

My post count is so high because of the count being retained for posts deleted from Spamville. My Contributions pale compared to the others who have gained rewards.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: The Queen of Fukufics

Postby lwf58 » Sat May 07, 2011 8:33 am

Yes, this died off after the first awarding due to lack of participation. The original awardees have held the titles ever since.

Still, It was a very good thought of yours to publicly recognize Spokavriel for positive contributions to the forum. While we do not have any system of rewards in place now, I believe that your post counts for a lot.
lwf58
Site Master

Previous

Return to Other Talk