Favourite YouTube videos?

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Re: Favourite YouTube videos?

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:15 am

Not a constant one. But there have been requests for obscure foreign cartoons and the like. More trying to find help to prove they really existed and weren't just fever dreams.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:58 pm

I'm not really a Kamen Rider fan but I saw this video of Decade's Final Attack Ride Hibiki and was asmused

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shinji: Well suppose some mysterious entities were attacking, and
Asuka:Oh please, Baka Shinji, that sounds like some cheap, pseudo-profound T.V. show. Low budget. Ambiguous ending.
-Asuka and Shinji discussing why you would build a giant robot. NGE: Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol.6
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:34 pm

I saw this spotlighted on Youtube. XD
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:35 pm

A few years ago I posted a site that had a CG Bubblegum Crisis music video. Unforunately, that site's (it's not on youtube) now gone but I found it again here (still not on youtube though)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka:Oh please, Baka Shinji, that sounds like some cheap, pseudo-profound T.V. show. Low budget. Ambiguous ending.
-Asuka and Shinji discussing why you would build a giant robot. NGE: Shinji Ikari Raising Project Vol.6
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:21 pm

camk4evr wrote:A few years ago I posted a site that had a CG Bubblegum Crisis music video. Unforunately, that site's (it's not on youtube) now gone but I found it again here (still not on youtube though)

That was very well done... Pity it is such low resolution by todays standards though.

Here are the BGC ones I track...

'BGC - Devil and Angel's Kiss (Eng)' by ScreenCapture - [Dld Date=08/30/2011] - [Dld Size=26402kb]'BGC - Mad Machine (Eng)' by ScreenCapture - [Dld Date=09/02/2011] - [Dld Size=14886kb]'BGC - Rock Me (Eng)' by ScreenCapture - [Dld Date=09/02/2011] - [Dld Size=14732kb]'BGC - Say Yes! (Eng)' by ScreenCapture - [Dld Date=08/30/2011] - [Dld Size=44023kb]'Dangerzone BGC' by pan_dbgt01 - [Dld Date=08/30/2011] - [Dld Size=68483kb]'Nowhere Fast' by inuyashafan4everX4 - [Dld Date=08/30/2011] - [Dld Size=83127kb]
Note, 'by' in the case of YouTube links means uploader or ScreenCapture if I believe it to be a direct cut instead of a full AMV. 'Dld Size' is the converted MP4 size. 'Dld Date' is date last converted. I've been messing with my AMV's of late, all have recent dates.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:01 am

Man I wish that Animeigo didn't cancel the english OST. I really like a number of the english version of the in BGC.

camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:05 pm

This is one of those Hitler videos where the subtitles are made up, and I found it highly amusing. Though you may not get it if you don't play -- or aren't into -- Touhou.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:16 am

Crescent Pulsar R wrote:This is one of those Hitler videos where the subtitles are made up, and I found it highly amusing. Though you may not get it if you don't play -- or aren't into -- Touhou.

I first saw one of those hitler things a couple weeks ago... but it was not that one, there are dozens of variations out there... he wanted to invite some anime character to put on a concert for him, but they refused.

Here is one that has been going through my head the last couple days and I've played it a bunch of times...

ZNT 'My wife met my girlfriend' by metagodzilla - [Dld Date=09/05/2011] - [Dld Size=20435kb]
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:54 am

As the mouth-to-ear rounds added up, it changed from "The Dark Royal-hued Lord's Instrument of Immortality" to "The Dark Lord's Royal Instrument of Immortality." As a result, Wormtail was unsuccessful in finding it. He was, however, gaining some resistance to the Cruciatus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf7izXdJKrc
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:02 pm

I rarely visit here as going to YouTube is too much fuss, what with having to open the links in another browser that supports HTML5. Half the videos refuse to play anyway without the Adome MustDie(tm) Trash.

But still... When some maniacs take a cult song out of the favorite TV series of my childhood and translate it to Latin (and manage to pull performing it almost as good as the original was performed!), it feels mighty weird. The nostalgic value of that song alone hits like a sledgehammer.
But then some other maniacs take the Latin version and paste it over a video clip made of Harry Potter... That's borderline surrealism. But it's still touching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7azOTkroMZ8

Then, it hit me: combine the spirit of this song and a phenomenal cosmic power, and you get... Usagi :D Lol. I bet she'd like it.

I hear [a] voice from [the] beautiful Faraway,
A morning voice in a silver dew.
I hear a voice, and a luring road
Spins [the] head, like a carousel in [the] childhood.

refrain:
(Beautiful Faraway, don't be cruel to me
Don't be cruel to me, don't be.
From a clean springhead
towards the beautiful Faraway
towards the beautiful Faraway
I start my journey.)

I hear a voice from the beautiful Faraway
It calls me to miraculous lands.
I hear a voice, the voice asks [me] sternly:
What have I done today for the tomorrow?

(refrain)

I swear I will be[come] purer and kinder
And I will never abandon a friend in trouble!
I hear the voice and I hurry to answer its call
Along an unwalked road with no trails.

(refrain)

(The original version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juozSHnlg2k)
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:25 pm

Anime Fight.

I LOL'ed.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:17 am

Crescent Pulsar R wrote:Anime Fight.

I LOL'ed.

Hmmm... reminds me of a *3 episode* DBZ arc my brother had me sit in on a number of years back... all that was missing was the grunting and sweating in indecision...

In any case, I counter with:

Blur Studio - A Gentlemen's Duel - [Dld Date=09/23/2011] - [Dld Size=96650kb]
Ignore the date I have listed, still messing with conversion settings.

In any ccase, make sure to watch to end for the surprise.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:26 am

I remember that o-- Wait! A counter!? I can't ignore this! Counter-counter!

And since I enjoy Nichijou so much, here are a few other videos from it that I like:

This!

This and this!

And this!
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:28 am

Crescent Pulsar R wrote:I remember that o-- Wait! A counter!? I can't ignore this! Counter-counter!

And since I enjoy Nichijou so much, here are a few other videos from it that I like:

This!

This and this!

And this!

I can honestly say words fail me on that first one... And I've never heard of that series.

Hmmm... How about:

One of the few rare fandubs I liked and a fight scene to boot:
'Misaka-Touma Battle (FanDub)' by ScreenCapture - [Dld Date=09/23/2011] - [Dld Size=62094kb]
Same in the original Japanese:
'Misaka-Touma Battle (JPN)' by ScreenCapture - [Dld Date=09/23/2011] - [Dld Size=52780kb]
Not a battle, but a race, old, but I still play this all the time when I exercise
'Golden Boy Race' by Talbain - [Dld Date=09/23/2011] - [Dld Size=15579kb]
Scary, but old
'Azumanga Daioh-Yukari Driving' by YoungHitsu - [Dld Date=09/23/2011] - [Dld Size=9247kb]
And something I looked up and noted on The Fanfiction Forum earlier today, Songs about fanfiction:

'Song Parody Good Fanfic' by galassiel
- [Direct] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyMus79qp9g

'I'll Read Fanfiction With You' by SRSBSNSSFTW
- [Direct] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3LgUvaslVM

and for some other oddball stuff...
old original:
weebls-stuff - Badgers - [Dld Date=09/23/2011] - [Dld Size=12305kb]and sequel:
weebls-stuff - Guess I got My Badger Back - [Dld Date=09/23/2011] - [Dld Size=34607kb]
Non-anime or cartoon related:

The short:
Michael Loeck - Mouse - [Dld Date=09/23/2011] - [Dld Size=4378kb]
Considering truth in advertizing, I'm holding them to this:
Sony - Playstation 9 the future of gaming in year 2078 - [Dld Date=09/23/2011] - [Dld Size=9494kb]
Over a year since learning of it, and I still watch this one:
Sound of Music - Train Station - [Dld Date=09/23/2011] - [Dld Size=16588kb]
I found this oddly appropriate, not funny though, more sad:
Grand Rapids - The Grand Rapids LipDub - [Dld Date=09/23/2011] - [Dld Size=194611kb]
Proving the sad reality that the average person has zeo situational awarenes:
Ron Gabriel - 3 Way Street - [Dld Date=09/23/2011] - [Dld Size=71459kb]
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:32 am

In... inundated... X_X

Why do words fail you? XD And you may not have heard of it since it's been airing for the past six months. If you like Azumanga Daioh (like I do), then I'd recommend it. If not, that can only mean one thing... Also: more combat!?
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Other Talk