As if I were talking about the weather...

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

As if I were talking about the weather...

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Which I am. I mean, for god's sake: on top of having more storms so far this year than I can remember while living here, we've actually had hail twice. Hail is something we get once every two or three years, and it's usually the kind that melts immediately. Both times the hail was large enough to stick around for a bit. And the wind. Almost every storm is windy, now.

This probably wouldn't be so bad if we didn't live in a poorly-built double-wide. That, and we're almost completely surrounded by trees that are close enough to fall on the house. The silly part is that I'm probably more worried about the power going out, so I have to stop writing unless I want to risk losing some of my work. ;/
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: As if I were talking about the weather...

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:24 pm

Just make sure none of your neighbors put out lawn flamingos Those attract tornadoes and with the weather you are already seeing being in a trailer at all is tempting that fate already.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:18 pm

We have a few confederate flags and lawn jockeys in this area. ;/
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:51 pm

Argh! Twelve hours after the last storm, we got another one (quite flashy). And twelve hours after that one, right now, we're about to have another storm. Except this one has a tornado warning, like almost half of these storms seem to have this year.

It's really getting annoying... It feels like half the year's been rain and storms so far. We've probably lost power more times to storms this year than the last three, and this year is only half over. It's somewhat nerve-wracking, but I'm mostly annoyed because it keeps interrupting my writing. Which I have trouble focusing on to begin with.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm sorry for all the weather problems you've been having. It's too bad you can't divert some of it to Nevada.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:58 am

Try to get a netbook with a good battery. Even among the cheapest ones there are models that give you 6 hours of autonomous work or more. Some of the newer eeePCs boasted 13 hours. My 1005HA is almost two years old now, but even its worn battery gives me more than four hours of "I don't give a shit" to all and any power issues. Perfect for writing :D
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Three storms and two power outages later... I'm back? Eh. This is ridiculous. Six storms in a week.

I can't afford a laptop. The only reason my sister has one is because she needed one for college and our father was willing to buy it for her. Me? You don't waste money buying sunglasses for someone who doesn't have a bright future, much less one at all.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk