FF.net Ranma crossovers problem

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

FF.net Ranma crossovers problem

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Fri May 13, 2011 2:18 am

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem when they go to the Ranma crossovers section. When I go there, the list of the various series crossovered with Ranma 1/2 aren't there. The only option I have is "show all Ranma crossovers." ;/
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: FF.net Ranma crossovers problem

Postby Shanami » Fri May 13, 2011 7:21 am

It isn't just you.

Well, technically, I can sort by the standard criteria for anything on ff.net (like update date), but I cannot narrow down the crossover list to a specific series.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Sat May 14, 2011 6:04 pm

ya and other series work
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sat May 14, 2011 9:49 pm

It's not just Ranma; I've had problems trying to access the crossovers for several other series.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sun May 15, 2011 11:40 am

It's either unprofessionalism on their part (an update broke something) or the mechanics involved Suddenly! stopped working as the database grew past certain limit.

I mean you have a nice system and everything works fine... until the script starts falling due a time-out or the server explosively dead-locks due to overload. And you, as a programmer maintaining that stuff have an epic "OH SHI..." moment because you only have time to realize how deep you are as the problem is unsolvable without adding more horsepower to the server (costly!) or reworking the whole code base (needs time to complete! deadline yesterday! no sleep! argh!) and you solve it by (quietly and uncospicuously) turning off some resource-heavy feature. Presto, the server shows signs of life again :)
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon May 16, 2011 10:56 am

I also noticed that my profile got rolled back from 13th to 12th as I currently update it daily with fic progress status.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Return to Other Talk