Random Haruhi story thought...Can bordom kill a God(dess)?

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Random Haruhi story thought...Can bordom kill a God(dess)?

Postby talonhunter » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:08 pm

Kinda strange idea hit me early this morning and I have been debating about whether or not to take a stab at it. Basically, take one Haruhi Suzamia(sp), mix in boredom and the SOS brigades antics to help relieve it as she seems to get worse and worse. Several crossover elements can be applied as Kyon and company try to keep their little corner of reality intact while doing everything they can think of or suggest to re energize the bored reality warper... I will post what I came up with later this evening but would like to hear what some of your thoughts or takes on it would be. Could be considered a Omake challenge as well to help get those creative thoughts going once more...^_~
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Random Haruhi story thought...Can bordom kill a God(dess)?

Postby mondu_the_fat » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Basically, take one Haruhi Suzamia(sp), mix in boredom and the SOS brigades antics to help relieve it as she seems to get worse and worse.

Isn't that already the premise of Haruhi?
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:21 pm

not to the point of her death, but I could be wrong...(and it wouldn't be the first time either...or he last...;))

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:26 am

I think the point of Canon was to make sure that she didn't find out she was God as then she would badly warp reality into whatever form she felt like. Yes though there were points in Canon where she felt like blowing up everything and I'm pretty sure she disincorporated herself in one of the books due to this boredom.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Knight of L-sama » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:58 pm

^ I don't think it ever got that bad. If you're referring to Disappearance, things are considerably more complex. But mondu's point basically stands, Haruhi's more likely to completely remake the world well before she ever gets suicidally bored.

And for the record for talonhunter it's spelled Suzumiya.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:28 pm

I wasn't Thinking of suicidal boredom, more like physically I'll to the point where her reality warping powers cause the problem because she no longer has even subconscious control over them. She would get more listles and pale as she continues to be bored

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Haruhi's more likely to completely remake the world well before she ever gets suicidally bored.

This. When Haruhi gets bored, things happen. This is why the SOS brigade (especially Koizumi's agency) relieves her of her boredom. If they fail to do so, her own wishes will _automatically_ make the world less boring, which may or may not include its previous residents.

wasn't Thinking of suicidal boredom, more like physically I'll to the point where her reality warping powers cause the problem because she no longer has even subconscious control over them. She would get more listles and pale as she continues to be bored

When she gets bored, her subconsciousness goes all blue, giant, and berserk. On earth, her boredom is noticed as restlessness.

This is like saying "what if Star Trek had space travel and they met aliens!"
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:54 pm

guess it didn't come out the way it did when it distracted me away from my other stories...Heck, even what ai started writing comes no where close to the original thought...;)...probably need to change the name to funeral for a goddess with the way its going...@_@...I'll post what I got this weekend and let the ideas go from there

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:04 am

I came up with an idea a while ago along this line, I called it 'Hotel Haruhi' I started writing it but lost interest quickly. The main premesis was the idea that Haruhi, as you say, got bored, and inadvertantly shifted the world. with the first stop being based on 'Love Hina'. It was not a cross over in the normal sense, more like the situation that sparked the 'Love Hina' Manga essentially was shoved on to Kyon and the others. it catches all of them off guard and they give Kyon the job of keeping her entertained while they do damage control. Haruhi herself is typically oblivous and only OOC enough to fit the situation as she is warping herself perferially which is not immediately obvious, but does become increassingly so. but of course only the S.O.S. Bragade notice.

The changes were supose to start slow, very slow, then when noticed the others panic about her ability to ultimately revert the world to normal. The only catch is that while the changes happen Kyon is the only one that does not get an immediate dose of what he should know and needs to be told by the others.

As I said though abandoned so meh

The real connection to your idea was her erasing her own powers somehow
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Return to Other Talk