Some help from those with musical savviness?

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Some help from those with musical savviness?

Postby CRBWildcat » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:30 am

Alright, this has been bugging me for the longest time.

I was going through some of my video tapes a few weeks ago, and I found some of my fellow classmates performing several well known songs from that general era (and dancing to them, in the case of the second song). I like both of the songs a lot, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the names of those songs were (or the names of the original artists, for that matter)!

I took a secondhand video with my camera and posted it to Youtube to see if someone around here would know. The second performance takes up the latter three minutes of the video and the quality is rather low throughout, so I apologize in advance on both counts.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Re: Some help from those with musical savviness?

Postby Shanami » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:45 am

Unsure about the first, the second is "99 luftballons" by Nena. Given the quality, I can't tell if that's the original version, or a slightly remixed version of it. It was redone in English by the band Goldfinger under the name of "99 Red Balloons," even though the name of the original means 99 air-balloons or just plain old 99 balloons. According to a German speaking friend of mine, aside from the addition of red in front of balloons, however, the translation is fairly good in case you want to know what the lyrics mean.

Hope that helps, and it does explain why she started out holding a bundle of red balloons.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:59 am

With a bit of help from my mother, the first one is Pick Up the Pieces, by Average White Band.

Though the sound quality is pretty bad, I'm almost certain that the version of 99 Luftballons is the original, in German.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Shanami » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:33 am

I know it is a German version. But due to the quality, I can't tell if it has a bit of extra electronic synth stuff added in or not. I'm pretty sure there was a German remix, but I could be wrong on that.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Sweetness. ^_^ Thanks, both of you. That clears up that mystery.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:57 pm

The version of 99 Luff Balloons is the original version, the remix is actually a bit slower with more guitar and korg synthesizer mixed in. I thin that one used a electronic keyboard with a heavy use of the coronet horns in the tone generator.
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Other Talk