A question about Amazon...

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

A question about Amazon...

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm looking to get some No Need for Tenchi graphic novels, but I don't know how to look at a list of products from individual sellers. You know, because I'd like to find someone who's selling a bunch of the graphic novels so I can have them shipped together (instead of getting a shipping charge for each one). Unless it doesn't work that way... ;/
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Re: A question about Amazon...

Postby three headed dog » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:56 pm

Amazon doesn't really work that way. Free shipping if you buy it from amazon (more than $25 worth of stuff) but if your buying it from others on Amazon it generally charges you shipping for each item (though some sellers do offer a discount on more than one item like a dollar off the second item) . If you want to search a seller just click the sellers name and it will go to Amazon.com At a glance where you can see seller feedback and often find a link to their storefront. Once on their storefront you can search through what they have via a search bar.
three headed dog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Okay, thanks. I guess I lucked out last time when I saw no list and tried the search bar (which came up with no results). So, if, say, I buy several books from the same seller, I'm going to have to pay shipping and handling for each one, as if shipped separately?
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby three headed dog » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 pm

Yep

Amazon.com wrote: Your shipping fees when buying items at Amazon Marketplace are fixed according to the type of product you purchase.

Rates are based on shipping a single item. Purchasing multiple items results in multiple shipping charges--there are no "per shipment" and "per item" charges, as there are when you buy directly from Amazon.com.

Though I check a site like http://dealoz.com/ or http://www.abebooks.com/ prior to purchasing from Amazon since it might save you money and some of the sellers on them do combine shipping (I know I've purchased stuff via abebooks and gotten the shipping prices combined or lessened).
three headed dog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Other Talk