Need pics from Tokyo?

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Need pics from Tokyo?

Postby Konsaki » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:35 pm

I'm currently on vacation for a few weeks in the Tokyo Metro area, plus a few other area's, and I'm taking pictures and video while I'm out and about. While I'm here, do any of you have any requests for specific areas? I'll be uploading all the pics and video's I take when I get home, due to the net connection in the hotel being slow comparatively.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Need pics from Tokyo?

Postby ranmas » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:58 pm

I do have one, if it is possible it would be nice to have either video or photos of the Gundam in Odaiba. Evening or night shots would be great as there are not too many of them floating around. The only night video I've seen was really small.

Thanks for offering, even if you don't get a chance to get any of the Gundam. It is not often that things like this are offered.
ranmas
Senshi Cadet

Postby Konsaki » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:22 am

Damn, that sounds like a great stop! I'll hit that up tomorrow since I'm finishing up early today to gather my energy. Shouldnt be too hard to get there, looking at the train system.
Anyone else have any requests/suggestions?
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:24 am

Tokyo huh? I don't have any actual requests, just a hope that the photos turn out cool. Enjoy your vacation!
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:11 pm

I recall some pics from Nerima being posted up, same with Juuban, Tokyo Tower...

Some nice links in this thread :D viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3549

I'm sure you already hit those places tho :)
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:14 pm

18m 1:1 Gundam at dusk and night
Showed up at 1855 last night to the 'Green Tokyo' event with my camera out and started taking pictures of the metalic titan. Unfortunatly, the sun was setting behind the mobile suit and most of the pictures of that time had to be scrapped due to slow shutter speed enhancing my hand movement on the pictures. I did manage to salvage two pictures of that time though.
Then, once 1900 clicked over, I swapped out my camera to my camcorder to record a 'power up' sequence that I really didn't expect at all. It turns out that the statue is trully a robot, with motorized rotators in it's neck that moves its head left and right as the area speakers play sound effects. The whole power up sequence had Gundam-type background music playing from the PA system, with lights built into the Gundam turning on to show the power up.
Once the 'Power up' event was over, I started taking more pictures and movies as I made my way towards the iconic weapons platform. During this timeframe, I took over one hundred pictures but, as is the rule of photography, had to scrap more than half of them due to blur. The remaining turned into around 5-6 views with multiple shots of the same view. I've uploaded the two best pics from each view to the photo album linked above.
The movies will be uploaded once I return home to my cable connection.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Just found that the upload speed on the hotel's network to be vastly more powerful than the individual download speed when I uploaded the pics, so I chanced uploading some video to Youtube.

Gundam RX-78 'Power Up Sequence'

Gundam RX-78 'Point Blank'

Gundam RX-78 - Parts Close-up
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Neko- » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:38 am

The japanese are now investigating more movement :P We're probably screwed when they figure it out :D
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby ranmas » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:48 am

Very nice. I hope it was an enjoyable trip out to see the Gundam. It is only supposed to be there for about another month before they take it down and move it.

I like the first pic, and the blue lights on the back were new as well. In the start up video, that was the first time I've seen the head of the Gundam move up like that.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
ranmas
Senshi Cadet

Postby Konsaki » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:32 pm

There's supposed to be a lazer light show at the Gundam this coming weekend. I'm thinking of showing back up to film that event as well, but this time I'll be prepared for it instead of relying purely on luck.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:15 am

Are you planning to go to the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka? While their robot sculpture isn't as tall as the Gundam and isn't animated, they do have one that is also 1:1 scale.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:42 am

I'm probably too late to this but the Ghibli Museum is worth a tour anyway considering all the great things to come from that studio.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Siden » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:47 pm

I have some pictures from when I was in Japan a few years ago on my DeviantArt page. One of these days I need to get around to putting up the rest.

Sad that I never got to go to the Ghibli museum. :cry:
Employed by Lady Bliss.
True Neutral, "Pure Neutral", "Balancer"
Spamville Dossier
Siden
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Other Talk