Please return the Nickel

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Please return the Nickel

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:33 pm

I am really getting pissed off. I want to know what makes them think I'm going to spend $.43 to return their stupid nickel.

The they are the non-profit organization that keep sending me adress lables and nickles. Today it was the Paralized Veterans. I have nothing against Vets, I am one, but I've already donated to the Disable Veterans.

In this day and age where there are so many other ways to get in touch with people why must these organizations resort to unsolicited junk mail. Why are they wasting five cents with the large possibility that they'll be ignored?

I'm sorry if this rant made no sense but I needed to get it out of my system.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:36 pm

You know that is completely insane as far as suggestions go. Unless they are having you do it to somehow be certain of your address.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:48 pm

Paralyzed Veterans of America wrote:P.P.S. Even if you can't send a gift today, please return the enclosed nickel as a symbol of your support- Paralyzed Veterans of America needs every nickel to continue to provide vital services to vetrans who have sacraficed much in the service of our country. But if you are able to send a gift, your support will IMMEDIATELY be put to work providing life-saving assistance to paralyzed vets who are facing difficult times and unknown futures. Thank You!

Thats the request for the nickel back word for word. Underlines and caps are exactly where they are in the letter.

I will never have to write my adress out on anything ever again because of all the orinzation who include adress label in there letter. Not only that one sent a check for $2.50. Again I say there are better ways for these orginations to get the word out then unsolicited junk mail. I wonder just how much they're spending on the adress lables.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Tuisto » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:53 pm

Only a nickel?

Hmm, I get a lot of these types of mailers as well, but they usually sent me a Dollar bill. RNC, Nielson, Cat Society and more, I figure I've received more than $20.00 in free money. But no, I don't mail back the "urgently needed financial support" as if they can afford to send out money in a blind mailer, I figure it's mine to keep. No strings, no worries.
Obfirmo absentis sententia... Imperium mens...
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:57 pm

For those who send more why not send back a letter that says. "I'm sorry but you have already obviously frivolously wasted money. How can I trust you to properly use my money instead of throwing it away to people who may not respond like the cash you just sent me?"
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:02 pm

Each letter would cost me Fourty-three cents and and as many of these letter as I get I'd be broke even if I didn't send any of the orgs anything but the letter.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:09 pm

I meant that for the ones who actually send back the cash anyway.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk