Off to see Chicago

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:53 am

I hope that people will be able to get lots of pictures. But I hope that of any time someone goes to an Event.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:17 pm

I never would have thought of taking pictures. I'm not real big on that sort of thing. I do have a real digital camera, though, as well as my cell phone. Maybe it'll occur to me to use them this time around.

After all, what's the point of seeing fat, sweaty guys in sailor moon costumes if I can't share it with you all? :twisted:
lwf58
Site Master

Postby talonhunter » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:24 pm

you share yours from ACEN and I'll share mine from http://animelandvegas.ning.com/
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:34 pm

Amazing it's become a case of You show me yours I'll show you mine.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby ranmas » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:58 pm

I'll be there.

I got my ticket before I decided on volunteering, so I'll have another badge waiting on me when I go to the hotel on Thursday. So long as you can get the parts of the badge to line up correctly it looks pretty good. However they said that the ones mailed out were only for those that ordered them. The badges at the door will be different. Other than setup, tear down and what ever my schedual will be for work while I'm there I don't have any major plans for it other than taking pictures.
ranmas
Senshi Cadet

Postby lwf58 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:03 pm

Oops. Sorry about this, ranmas, but the Billy vs. Snakeman sig image has to go. It's too wide for what our rules allow.

We allow sig images to be 350 x 100. Your's is 380 x 94.

You can resize it to be 350 pixels wide and then it'll be fine, but unless you do that it has to be removed.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:26 pm

You know that image can be edited to fit the rules just trimming off some of the red roll before the photo and head protector. It looks to be about 35 pixels wide.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby ranmas » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:40 pm

It doesn't matter to me about that. I stopped playing it a while ago, and as you can see by my post count I lurk quite a bit. I don't even want to think about my join date vs how many posts I've made.

Anyway its gone. There would have been more ways than that to limit its size. In the code itself for the sig there should be a way to limit the size of an image to whatever you want it to be.

Quick catch on that though.
ranmas
Senshi Cadet

Postby CRBWildcat » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:23 am

lwf58 wrote:I never would have thought of taking pictures. I'm not real big on that sort of thing. I do have a real digital camera, though, as well as my cell phone. Maybe it'll occur to me to use them this time around.

After all, what's the point of seeing fat, sweaty guys in sailor moon costumes if I can't share it with you all? :twisted:

...Thanks for the warning, Larry. :shock:
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sat May 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Well, I'm at the convention now. The ride here was mostly okay, although we were being rained on for a little over half the trip.

Got my first taste of toll roads in Chicago, and was promptly ripped off by one of the unmanned booths. It was the last of three, and said the toll was 80 cents (the first was cheaper, the second was also 80). But when we put the money in, it didn't let us pass. I ended up giving the blasted thing all but my last three pennies before it finally decided to stop yanking us around. First time I've seen a road where they stop you every so often to extort more money.

As it turns out, I don't need to take pictures. The guy I rode with loves to take pictures of hall costumes and he's doing a much better job than I would. I'll see about setting up a display somewhere. Then I'll link to it.

Wandered around the dealer's room yesterday and today before I actually bought anything. Got a boxed set of Negima DVDs. My friend has gone off the deep end with his spending, but he set aside a budget of $1k for the purpose. I guess he's determined to not go home without making a noticeable dent in it.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Spokavriel » Sat May 09, 2009 4:32 pm

I don't know if it's still online but someone once posted a site of a time when they spent $5K at a single conventions dealer room and posted full pics of everything they got.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Sat May 09, 2009 6:53 pm

WOW111, I usually spend a couple hundred at the con...most of my money gets spent on new music and/or equipment for the con...(cd/g's, mic's, wires, ect...)
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Comartemis » Sat May 09, 2009 7:33 pm

Yeah Larry, you really need an I-Pass to get around on the toll roads around here; just cruise right through and they charge it to an account you set up. Shame it doesn't work outside Illinois, but there you go.

I've also been at the convention for the last day or two; got my pass at the door after a twenty-minute drive out of the suburbs and ten minutes waiting in line to get my pass. To anyone who waited multiple hours in line as I've heard stories about, I have this to say:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

*Ahem*

No sign of ManFaye or any 300-pound Sailor Senshi, but there was a scantily-clad catboy running around yesterday; didn't see him today, thank god. I have seen some of the most elaborate costumes in my life, though, including one KOS-MOS with a scale-model G-Shot replica and red color contact lenses and one guy who was completely encased in cardboard, dressed up as the Heavyarms Gundam. If I can figure out how to upload cellphone pictures onto my computer, I'll see if I can post them either here or in the Favorite Pics thread.
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sun May 10, 2009 7:52 pm

I was pleasantly surprised at the number of attractive young ladies at that convention. Many more than I'd expect from a region noted for problems with high percentages of folks with problem obesity. There were a large number of well-crafted hall costumes too.

I'm debating an attempt to put together a costume if I go next year. I'd like to try for a Zeon commando outfit from Gundam 0080, or maybe something from MS Igloo.

I was rather dismayed by the contingent of guys in "Zeon" outfits that were much more Nazified than they should have been. The kids just took standard WWII SS dress uniforms and added a few modifications like red felt on the collar or a few Zeon style emblems. At least one left a bunch of German insignias on his.

Anyone who has actually looked at the uniforms from the show (even those from MS Igloo) can see that they are not direct copies of Germany's. Those guys ended up looking more like Gestapo on parade than Zeon cosplayers. A group I was in a shuttle bus with didn't even realize they were trying to cosplay Zeon troops - one girl was shocked by what she thought was a demonstration against the con by American Nazis.
lwf58
Site Master

Previous

Return to Other Talk