My posts???

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

My posts???

Postby nodregah » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:25 pm

For a while now, I have noticed that many of my posts seem to kill topics, for a while at least. Why is this? Imagine my surprise when I log in and see that for some reason no one has posted any response or even just ignored it and responded to a previous post. I know that sometimes I don't articulate my thoughts in the best manner, and I do not post with the frequency others do. Am I being shunned for some reason? I'm not going emo, I am genuinely curious. I am willing to take any and all criticisms and comments, but be serious. Thank you
"You will know your greatest enemy when you look in the mirror."
nodregah
Senshi Cadet

Re: My posts???

Postby Sunshine Temple » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:30 pm

In my personal experience, I know your posts on my work don't kill the thread.

Otherwise, I hadn't noticed. Sorry to hear that though.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby nodregah » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:39 pm

No biggie, I just noticed it today.
"You will know your greatest enemy when you look in the mirror."
nodregah
Senshi Cadet

Postby PepperJAQ » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:40 am

it's happened a lot to me in the past too, both here and on other forums... i don't know why, but sometimes it just seems to happen. no worries though :3 it's not because folks dislike you or anything... usually. XD

it's happened to me so often in the past that now and then i've toyed with the idea of making a new profile with the handle 'the thread killer' :p
*sends much good vibes to friends*
PepperJAQ
Senshi Cadet

Postby mondu_the_fat » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:47 am

Don't think of it as a thread killer. Think of it as coming late to the party. Maybe it happens that when you post something everyone else has said what they've had to say.

The only solution to that would be to post more, pouncing on a thread on the instant one pops up. Of course, this isn't really a good thing. On other sites, "first post!" people piss me off.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Re: My posts???

Postby Daniel Jess Gibson » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:25 am

nodregah wrote:For a while now, I have noticed that many of my posts seem to kill topics, for a while at least. Why is this? I'm not going emo,

Let see, no emo, how about ego? :lol: You either answer the questions being raised so brilliantly that all parties realize the fallacy of their argument and go off together to sing Kuumbi Ah (or That Old Rugged Cross). 8)

Or you raise a question that gives such insight or raises such a deep philosophical question that all participants must pause while completely reconsidering their entire world view, life path and philosophy. :shock:

Having killed my share of threads, both here and elsewhere, it's not you. I also seemed to be able to make writers quit writing when I review their work, and I'm still 100% with that. Yes, John Biles' and James Lee's prolonged hiatuses are my fault. :oops:
Daniel Jess Gibson
Moon Senshi

Return to Other Talk