"Guess That Anime" Game

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Postby Fatuous One » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:28 am

Ace-dono wrote:Image
Eh-heh... Awesome, me? No! Image

YES! *Flames light up Wanda's eyes* Ace-sama is COMPLETELY awesome. There is simply no one that is more cool then Ace-sama, no one! and, if someone were to claim otherwise, there would be an unpleasant mess to clean up Mwhehehehe...
Yes, indeed! Not only can Ace-sama cook feasts fit for the gods (any god, even dark gods!) she is a ninja too, as well as an artist, and she's also betrothed to Mr. Himitsu... and... *trails over as her eyes glaze over and her muttered speech becomes incomprehensive*
!? Uh.. uh… *ahem* Yes, Ace-sama is awesome! Wonderful, great, magnificent, and many, many other things!
Fatuous One
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:52 am

Actually Wanda, it's Mousse from the circus ep when he first shows up as MuMu the duck. He's just appeared in front of Akane and is about to try kidnap her again

*sits in the corner feeling ashamed of himself*
As I should...
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:20 am

Actually Ace I have never seen that particular episode, all the ranma I have seen is from the fourth season on and the ova. Wierd they would do something like that though, pretty sneaky too. Wish I had a reward to hand out for that sort of thing... maybe a gold star once I can get to a stationary store or something. Heh.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby antimatterenergy » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:54 am

That's Mousse!!! I would never of guessed that was Mousse he looks a lot different in that picture than I ever remember seeing him.
antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Acey » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:17 am

Wanda wrote:!? Uh.. uh… *ahem* Yes, Ace-sama is awesome! Wonderful, great, magnificent, and many, many other things!

This is going to start going to my head soon! ~^
(Hench)Kitty wrote:*sits in the corner feeling ashamed of himself*
As I should...

Actually, it was just sneakiness on my part that's to blame, Kitty. I wouldn't have gotten it!
That's Mousse!!! I would never of guessed that was Mousse he looks a lot different in that picture than I ever remember seeing him.

RT actually intended for Mousse to be quite handsome without his glasses, and this is noticeable in the manga, where's he depicted with slighter sharper features than Ranma or Ryoga for example He's also relatively tall and has the same long, shimmering hair as Shampoo, i.e. he's a generic bish. It doesn't take much delving into the subtext of the story to guess that this is one of the reasons he doesn't wear them as often as he should: vanity.
The anime screwed this up (and with often disappointing animation) depicting Mousse wearing his glasses perhaps 80% of time, and with them almost always propped on his forehead the remainder if his scenes. In the manga, he's generally shown without glasses, only donning them when he really wants to see something.
That's the core of the running gag - that he doesn't wear his glasses and hugs/attacks the wrong person/thing. But the anime writers in their wisdom decided that Mousse couldn't see with his glasses. Hence the fanon 'blind idiot boy' Mousse rather than Takahashi's 'architect of his own destruction' Mousse.
Sorry. Tangent ^^;
Walter wrote:Actually Ace I have never seen that particular episode, all the ranma I have seen is from the fourth season on and the ova.

Oh dear, the series is at its best (IMO) in its earlier seasons. You should try to see these. They're often just as good as the manga.
Anywho, it's still Pat's turn. ^^
Acey
Moon Queen Emeritus

Postby Neko- » Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:44 pm

Tangent

The writer? Is he/she still alive then? It's been quiet around those stories for a while...
C'mon Pat!!! POST!
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Himitsu » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:44 pm

There is simply no one that is more cool then Ace-sama, no one!

(Tempts fate....again.)
Except for me! And there's nothing you can do about angel girl!! Mwuhahahahahahahahahahaha!
When you're as smart as me, you don't need proof.
Spammaster Rank S.
Himitsu
Trickster Priest

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:56 pm

Acey wrote:Your turn, Pat.

Yeah!
Neko- wrote:C'mon Pat!!! POST!

You tempt me to wait.
but I'm a nice guy so:
Here you go.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Neko- » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:00 pm

Somehow... that looks familiar. Can't for the life of me recall wherefrom :(
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Fatuous One » Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:35 pm

Ace-sama wrote:This is going to start going to my head soon! ~^

As it should! But it won't, 'cause you're Ace-sama! ^_^
Silly Mr. Himitsu! wrote:Except for me! And there's nothing you can do about angel girl!! Mwuhahahahahahahahahahaha!

*Flash-whips out a huge mallet and flattens Himitsu into a pancake*
Mmm...? *blinks* Mr. Himitsu? What're you doing under my mallet?
Regarding the picture, for some reason the animation reminds me of Dragon Ball...
Fatuous One
Senshi Cadet

Postby Himitsu » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:08 pm

Mmm...? *blinks* Mr. Himitsu? What're you doing under my mallet?

(Pops back up from the ground in perfect condition.)
I was busy being more awesome then Acey-chan could ever hope to be, that's what I was doing! As for the picture, all old anime men look the same! Look, there's even a cane in the car!
When you're as smart as me, you don't need proof.
Spammaster Rank S.
Himitsu
Trickster Priest

Postby Rei-chan » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:16 pm

Tokyo Godfathers? That one just doesn't ring any bells with me.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:15 pm

Here's another scene from the same movie:
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Neko- » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:19 pm

It's a Ghibli movie... On my first guess... Kiki's Delivery Service?
(the boy with the glasses at the end seems somehow REALLY familiar)
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby D.I.O. » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:16 am

J. St.C. Patrick wrote:You tempt me to wait.
but I'm a nice guy so:
Here you go.

POM POKO!!!! the movie we watched with the weird raccoons who can shape shift into anything!!
D.I.O.
Senshi Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Other Talk