Spamville Do's and Don'ts

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Spamville Do's and Don'ts

Postby Siden » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:36 pm

lwf58 wrote:However, that doesn't stop anyone from creating a "Spamville Do's and Don'ts" thread in Other Talk that people can contribute to, and then you can link to that when replying to introductions. Making it interactive will meet any objections to having it as a thread.

In other words, post your current "rules list", and then make new ones and debate the existing ones. As long as it's a discussion, I'll call it a valid thread.
Since I didn't see one anywhere else yet:
Edit 1: Added suggested items.
Edit 2: Fixed some spelling and grammar.
Edit 3: More additions. Fixed some spelling and grammar.

The 'Standard Warnings' of Spamville:
1: Watch out for Mazoku and Succubi --- Himitsu in particular.

2: Never accept a weapon from Screws.

3: Never get between any two people when they're arguing.
3.2: Especially don't get in between Neko-chan and Himitsu when they are 'arguing'.

4: Always carry weapons... Big, powerful and lots of em.

5: Sanity is optional. Leave it at the door.

6: Acey's place is probably one of the only safehouses in Spamville besides the It's Saturday Night.

7: Watch out for random splashes of water. You're likely going to get cursed. Oh don't get stabbed by Zombies, or accept anything costume related from perky catgirls.

8: Don't get blasted
8.2: If you do get blasted make sure you blast them back.

9: Bring weapons.

10: Be careful when treading in Spamville, it's a madhouse.
10.2: If you ignore the suggestion to keep away, at least enter while eating or drinking.

11: Did I mention the weapons?

12: Paranoia is the best route to safety. ^^

13: Be careful of deities, and robots.

14: Be careful of Legozilla.

15: N2 mines hurt, orbital lances hurt more.

16: Kill the Spore. ^~

17: If you see a Succubus, give it an Okonomiyaki..

18: Enjoy the atmosphere, but don't get in between a fight between the Brotherhood and the Succubi.

19: School is a very dangerous place, well the students are...

20: Be wary of crystals. They can be tricky.

21: Overkill is an unknown term. So is collateral damage.

22: Random Plug: Don't forget to stop by at the 'Guess the Movie Thread' located under 'Other'.

23: Be wary of convoluted familial relationships and devious daughters of Mazoku ( I'm looking at you Shades-chan).

24: Watch out, you might end up getting cursed and engaged... Or both.

25: Random Plug: If you've seen those Animated-Avvies, then you should talk to Cybses (Cyber_Skaarj), he does excellent work, and I'm sure if you ask nicely and he isn't too busy, he'd make one for you too *grins* and Cybses being the multi-talented person that he is can also make animated banners as well... go here for more information. *grins*

26: Don't forget the other sites, like Dante's (Calling all Succubus thread), the Arena (Lightning's Arena), and the Schools *grins*.... If you dare. Oh and visit WarG's Curse and Go and the Lab *grins* Nothing bad will happen I promise *crosses fingers behind my back*

27: Most importantly have fun and enjoy yourself
Random Important Plug: Please be sure to read the Forum rules. It's important, even in Spamville~!

28: Add to the Spamville Character Dossier if you're gonna be a regular in Spamville.

29: Be wary of minions, such as Prinnies, Brass Demons, Horny Bisexual Catgirls, Black Mages and the like. If nothing else they're hazardous to ones health.

30: Hell has provided a convinient way to get out. So has Heaven. They just don't want the regular cast :)

31: Icecream will summon demons. And that's a given!

32: About the only safe place in Spamville you'll find is Acey's Place. Anti-violence wards in place. Join in for some real R&R.

33: Gender indications are not nessecarily true...
33.2: And in some cases they are :P
33.3: And in some cases they are both.

34: 'God Modding' is frowned upon in Spamville.

35: Try and keep the usage of familiars to a minimum, if possible just for comic relief. Keeping track of multiple physical identities with each their own set of physical characteristics which are all posted by one and the same person will eventually get confusing. Best to avoid this. Using multiple mental identities however should not be a problem.

36: Please don't spam the "It's Saturday" thread.
Last edited by Siden on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Employed by Lady Bliss.
True Neutral, "Pure Neutral", "Balancer"
Spamville Dossier
Siden
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Heaven's Deamon » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:41 pm

I've noticed that some of the rules have things specific to Bliss in them (the last part of 7, the end of 17) which make less sense when they are posted by anyone else.
Apointed Spammer rank D by Fool (AKA Black Dragon) Monday April 9th, 2007

Upgraded to Spammer Rank C by BD (AKA Fool, Black Dragon) Monday April 30th, 2007

Promoted to Spammer Rank B by BD (AKA Fool, Black Dragon) Tuesday May 15th 2007
Heaven's Deamon
Moon Senshi

Postby Siden » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:44 pm

Heaven's Deamon wrote:I've noticed that some of the rules have things specific to Bliss in them (the last part of 7, the end of 17) which make less sense when they are posted by anyone else.

That's because it is Bliss's version. It was the quickest one to find (since it was right there in my own intro thread). But I'll remove the parts in question.
Employed by Lady Bliss.
Spamville Dossier
Siden
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Heaven's Deamon » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:48 pm

There were other versions? I thought she made the main list and whenever anyone else did it they just C&P'd hers......
Apointed Spammer rank D by Fool (AKA Black Dragon) Monday April 9th, 2007

Upgraded to Spammer Rank C by BD (AKA Fool, Black Dragon) Monday April 30th, 2007

Promoted to Spammer Rank B by BD (AKA Fool, Black Dragon) Tuesday May 15th 2007
Heaven's Deamon
Moon Senshi

Postby Neko- » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:12 am

The list kinda grew... Bliss created the latest incantation... Hence the references...

As to rule 22... Possibly change it to include the link:

22. Random Plug: Don't forget to stop by at the 'Guess the Movie Thread' located under 'Other'.

The Random Important Plug might need a change too: Random Important Plug: Please be sure to read the Forum rules. It's important, even in Spamville~!

New rule 28: Add to the Spamville Character Dossier if you're gonna be a regular in Spamville.

New rule 29: Be wary of minions, such as Prinnies, Brass Demons, Horny Bisexual Catgirls, Black Mages and the like. If nothing else they're hazardous to ones health.

New rule 30: Hell has provided a convinient way to get out... So has Heaven. They just don't want the regular cast :)

New rule 31: Icecream will summon demons... And that's a given!

New rule 32: About the only safe place in Spamville you'll find is Acey's Place. Anti-violence wards in place. Join in for some real R&R.

New rule 33: Gender indications are not nessecarily true... And in some cases they are :P
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Rei-chan » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:29 am

2 and 20 are somewhat redundant. Remove number two would be my suggestion. Rule 26 is somewhat outdated due to the fact that Lightning's arena is no longer around, nor is Dante's. I don't even think any of the schools are still here come to think of it.
Princess of Charon
Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu September 25, 2006.
I ain't got to explain it. I'm living magic, remember?
Rei-chan
Super Power Senshi

Postby Tovath » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:05 am

24. Watch out, you might end up getting cursed and engaged...

minor detail it should be cursed or engaged, since they don't happen at the same time.
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
-Hanlon's Razor

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Senshi of Puck
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:11 am

Tovath wrote:
minor detail it should be cursed or engaged, since they don't happen at the same time.

not so far

Here's one to add:
Please don't spam the "It's Saturday" thread
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:52 am

If "It's Saturday..." isn't meant to be spammed, then it doesn't belong in Spamville. I can move it to Other Talk if you all want.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:44 pm

Definately Bliss' version, considering Bliss was the only person to call me "Cybses".

Although, you're missing the link to the animated stuff thread in #25.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Siden » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:34 pm

Thanks for the input guys. Cybses, Neko, fixed the missing links.
Employed by Lady Bliss.
Spamville Dossier
Siden
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon May 07, 2007 3:23 pm

Suggestion for the Spamville rules.

A caution should be added to, advise that people who ignore the suggestion to keep away, at least not do so while eating or drinking.

The level of hilarity when doing so can be harmfull. Possibly resulting in choking or spit takes that in the right circumstances could cause damage to computer equipment, or death.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:29 am

"Lord Siden, while it is good that one of the lists has been stickied, it could use some modifications."

"First: The Nicknames should probably be replaced with the person's registered name, if only to avoid confusing newcomers. Most of them likely won't have read the Character Dossiers, regardless of how often they were told to."

"Second: Rule #1 should be changed to what rule #9 currently is. "

"Rule #17 should be altered to: If you see a Succubus, give it an Okonomiyaki."

"I'll keep looking over the list the next few days, and re-writing the whole thing into something less confusing, and more informative. Then I'll post the re-done list here."
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:03 am

Something less confusing? Isn't that kinda.... counter productive? I mean, Spamville is confusing, and complete mayhem at times... It only makes sense if the rules are confusing too :P
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:42 am

Neko- wrote:Something less confusing? Isn't that kinda.... counter productive? I mean, Spamville is confusing, and complete mayhem at times... It only makes sense if the rules are confusing too :P

I kinda have to agree with Neko here. The changes you have suggested take some of the fun out of the rules. And with how slow Spamville has gotten lately do you really want to lessen any fun involved?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Next

Return to Other Talk