Sailor Moon Movie in the works?

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Postby stratagemini » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:57 am

Cyber_Skaarj wrote:Are you sure you're not thinking of Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon? 'cos Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon is the live action one and Beryl is the main villain.

I knew that. I meant in an american live action motion picture. Film suffers a few restrictions in time that a series doesn't. and how'd you get the macron over that O?
As far as the Eva Movie Goes. Rei doesn't have Rei Eyes. She's probably not an albino anymore. the concept art looks amazing (Excluding Misato) But no images of Gendo or Shinji. The Evas are all very evidently biological in origin in the drawings.
I See in Your Eyes, The same fear that would take the heart of me.
A Day may come, when the courage of men fails!
When we forsake our works, and break all bond of authorship- But Is Not THIS Day!
This Day, We WRITE!
stratagemini
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Dark Magic » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:19 pm

stratagemini wrote:Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon is actually pretty decent. But who would be the main villian in a live action sailor moon? Beryl?.

In one of the articles they say that Jennifer Garner would play the villian. So who do you think she would look like. Maybe Mistress 9.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:40 pm

stratagemini wrote:I knew that. I meant in an american live action motion picture. Film suffers a few restrictions in time that a series doesn't. and how'd you get the macron over that O?

Ah, I see. Yeah, films do generally suffer from a restriction to fitting a storyline in 2 to 3 hours (the exceptions being Star Wars (original trilogy) and Lord of the Rings). Plus western takes on things also suffer from a need to be tailored to a western audience; hence the very cheesy acting and stuff, 'cos those in charge of "westernization" think that we're all gullible morons, despite the fact that we watched the original stuff... in japanese with subtitles.
Oh, and the macron thing? Open word, new document, insert symbol, copy, paste. 'tis that simple :lol:
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:48 pm

You would deffently need some knowledge of sailor moon before watching it because they would probably have all the characters already able to transform and other facts you would need to know. In one movie there wouldn't be enough time to explain it all.
Or they might just be basing the movie off of sailor moon and not actually following any storyline at all.
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Anchoku » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:16 pm

An American, live-action SM? Ick!
How would Fox expect to do this? All the actresses would have to be between 6 and 16 years old! What about the anime-flavored skin-shots? How in the world would Fox justify the whirly light show... never mind. It's Fox. How would Fox get it past the censors when the movie would be targeted toward below-16-girls and above-16 guys?
Maybe, if all the magical girls magically become of legal age...
OMG! What are parents going to think of a main-stream movie where a girl about 14 has magical dates with a guy at least 18?
About NGE, at least the actors look like they're older than 14. I sense a few "minor" plot tweaks, there.
Anchoku
Senshi Cadet

Live Action Sailor Moon

Postby ChasTaro » Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:49 am

I've seen to many movies based on books or comics that the movie indestry has totaly trashed. Right off the top of my head, Beast Master was Sci. Fi. In the future on another planet. So what do they do. In the past with a sword. The only thing they kept from the book was the telepathic link the hero had to the animals. I shudder to think what they'll do to Sailor Moon.
ChasTaro
Senshi Cadet

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:27 am

Anchoku wrote:How would Fox expect to do this? All the actresses would have to be between 6 and 16 years old! What about the anime-flavored skin-shots? How in the world would Fox justify the whirly light show... never mind. It's Fox. How would Fox get it past the censors when the movie would be targeted toward below-16-girls and above-16 guys?

Likely how they handle "teen" shows like Buffy or slasher horrors. ie. 20+ year olds playing teens.
About NGE, at least the actors look like they're older than 14. I sense a few "minor" plot tweaks, there.

what actors? link!
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:26 pm

mondu_the_fat wrote:what actors? link!

Don't know if they talk about who will be playing who but this is a good website about NGE live movie.
http://eva.trivialbeing.net/
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Previous

Return to Other Talk