Site speed

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

Site speed

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:59 pm

I know there is a page load issue thread among the top couple threads as I type this. But this is something different.

I think the site itself is having issues currently.

I say that as all evening I've been having trouble getting into the site main page (as opposed to the other thread on images within the forum pages), with it taking anywhere between 30 seconds and 3 minutes to get to the main page.

Clearing cookies did not do it. Nor is it browser specific.

Opera seems a tiny bit quicker to get in than IE8, but not by enough to make a difference.

Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: The 'This message has been posted successfully' message is also much slower than normal, but in it coming up, and how long it stays up before returning me to the forum.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Site speed

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:05 pm

I'm been having a ten to twenty second delay with most of the actions I take this evening. The time it takes to see the "successful post" page and proceeding from there is usually instant, but sometimes it's slow, too.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Re: Site speed

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:10 pm

I've taken to having a fanfic to read open in another browser window. I am some times seeing almost 2 min on page loads. But I'm also going to be clearing cache and upgrading my browser later tonight to Seamonkey 2.0 who knows maybe it will help maybe it won't but I won't know until after the upgrade.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Site Suggestions