Server Clock

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

Server Clock

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:51 pm

I know there are times where the host server time seems to be off but today the time is off 10 min. I can't remember one being that late before. I even went and double checked with 5 different Atomic clock servers to be certain.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Server Clock

Postby Stacy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:10 pm

I have no control over the server clock, so there isn't really anything I can do about that. It's not like timestamps are that critical for a forum though as long as they're mostly accurate. We still know when something was posted, and 10 minutes doesn't matter much.
Ask me about my curses, clothing, contracts, wishes, viruses, potions, wards, prophecies, mutant abilities, school uniforms, books, hexes, jewelry, wards, DNA resequencers, computer programs, enchantments, weapons, water springs, musical instruments, blessings, alchemic techniques, porphyric feline hemophilia, spacial anomalies, kitsune magic, demonic adoption rituals, and data manipulation techniques for turning people into girls!
Stacy
Site Mistress

Re: Server Clock

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:21 pm

I thought I would let you know. Late is never really an issue. But I do remember a few forums that ended up with their clock getting early ending up having logins fail as impossible and thread graphics not appear. I have no idea why but some versions of the PHP BB software had those problems in the past.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Site Suggestions