new bugs to squish

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

Re: new bugs to squish

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Sat May 14, 2011 10:10 am

The curious thing about it is that I can see the 3 posts when not logged in but get the "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum." when logged in.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Vocaloid » Sat May 14, 2011 10:49 am

From what I can tell and see, it looks like when Pale Wolf 'moved' the post and set up the Sf/f string, it was set up for open read like all the forums when visitors come to the site, but somehow set restrictions for reading and posting access to Moderators when logged in. Though it might be due to Pale Wolf's particular Moderator status as well...!(◎_◎;)
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Sat May 14, 2011 9:34 pm

The permissions for that subforum were rather wonky, as I recall. Originally even I couldn't view it.

Sunny's tweaked the permissions around a bit, but given how none of the staff have non-staff accounts, anyone here mind checking to make sure it works right? I can see it fine, but if it's moderator-only...
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby J. St.C. Patrick » Sat May 14, 2011 9:53 pm

I can see it now when logged in.
Director of Forum Arts and Culture
The King of... Stuff
The Ever Ubiquitous
J. St.C. Patrick
Moon Cat Advisor

Postby Pale Wolf » Sun May 15, 2011 4:20 am

Excellent. I'll mark that off as cleared, then, unless anyone else notes any problems.

Don't be shy, that's what we're here for, and otherwise our lives are filled with boredom :P
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Cheb » Sun May 15, 2011 11:36 am

As a web programmer by trade I'd suggest that administrators create a dummy user account with its password available to all moderators. You can't truly control the system unless you have means to login as a limited user. Our network administrators at work seem to suffer from that and it's a real pain. Even the slightest thing takes up to three attempts, involving several days of exchanging e-mails and phone calls :evil: I myself always create a test user account when building a new web-interface. I also always login into a new user account I create, to make sure everything works. Things look very different from there than from the rights management interface.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun May 15, 2011 11:52 am

If you do make a dummy account like that may I suggest it be named Genma?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Site Suggestions