New Forum still Errors when posting.

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

New Forum still Errors when posting.

Postby Spokavriel » Mon May 25, 2009 12:50 am

I was a bit tired so I'm sorry to say I didn't catalog the error as I usually would. It was a General Error and it happened after I clicked to post a post in Spamville. I'm so use to errors in that time frame that I just refreshed to see if it actually posted and then hit the button to post again when I saw it hadn't.

I did notice the numbers were all different and I should have really gotten a screenshot of it. If there is a next time I'll try to be more awake to catch it.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: New Forum still Errors when posting.

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:20 am

Caught the error this time. And it still seems to involve the server shutting down and restarting like the old posting problem that was the most frequent error message. So I'm guessing we are still hitting the servers runaway process threshold somehow.
Error at 9:12 PT wrote:Fatal error: SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Server shutdown in progress [1053]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the [url=mailto:bot@fukufics.com]Board Administrator[/url] if this problem persists. in /home/fukufics/www/includes/db/dbal.php on line 657
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Stacy » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:36 pm

I'm afraid that there's nothing I can do about that particular error. It comes down to our host having poor configuration, and underpowered systems. If I actually could do something it'd be even worse configuration to be honest (a client controlling a shared MySQL server? *shudder*).

For laughs: the server is running 2x Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz, and 1GB of RAM. That's less powerful than my testing development server. I just don't have the connection to host. I won't go into how PHP is configured to run in CGI mode... *shudder +2*
Ask me about my curses, clothing, contracts, wishes, viruses, potions, wards, prophecies, mutant abilities, school uniforms, books, hexes, jewelry, wards, DNA resequencers, computer programs, enchantments, weapons, water springs, musical instruments, blessings, alchemic techniques, porphyric feline hemophilia, spacial anomalies, kitsune magic, demonic adoption rituals, and data manipulation techniques for turning people into girls!
Stacy
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Well it would have been a decent configuration in 2003.... And about equal to the best I could do with my spare parts laying around my apartment.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Site Suggestions