Better 'new posts in subforum' icons...

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

Better 'new posts in subforum' icons...

Postby TerraEpon » Fri May 22, 2009 9:44 pm

I don't understand how an 'upgrade' makes things worse, but this is the second forum it's happened in that I go to...

The new forum makes it basically impossible to tell which subforums have new posts and which ones don't. If there is ANY possible way to change this back to the old way, it'd be much appreciated.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Better 'new posts in subforum' icons...

Postby Stacy » Fri May 22, 2009 9:49 pm

TerraEpon wrote:The new forum makes it basically impossible to tell which subforums have new posts and which ones don't. If there is ANY possible way to change this back to the old way, it'd be much appreciated.

What view are you talking about? It seems pretty obvious to me if a forum has a new post or not.
Ask me about my curses, clothing, contracts, wishes, viruses, potions, wards, prophecies, mutant abilities, school uniforms, books, hexes, jewelry, wards, DNA resequencers, computer programs, enchantments, weapons, water springs, musical instruments, blessings, alchemic techniques, porphyric feline hemophilia, spacial anomalies, kitsune magic, demonic adoption rituals, and data manipulation techniques for turning people into girls!
Stacy
Site Mistress

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 22, 2009 9:54 pm

I'm guessing that Terra is use to the larger icon before a post changing a bit more dramatically than the new theme's images do. Ring around the image and the tiny page with a bent corner might be too subtle for some people.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Fri May 22, 2009 10:49 pm

If not for the fact that MSF has the same set up I wouldn't know the stuff in red was new either.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Sat May 23, 2009 9:16 am

At first, the links to the list of new posts was hidden, but that's been fixed. The list shows everything new that was posted since your last visit. Just look for "view new posts" at the top of the board index page.

The icon sets are part of the theme pack, so changing them is a daunting task. If (when?) we add new forum themes, you'll be able to choose something that suits you better.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby TerraEpon » Sat May 23, 2009 11:09 am

It's not the posts themselves, those are fine. It's on the main forum page that if there's any indication it's such a small difference that it's almost impossible.

Of course there's the view new posts thing, but that doesn't help when so many of the posts are ones you don't wanna read...
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat May 23, 2009 11:16 am

You might want to try the thread subscriptions and bookmarking tools. To mark posts in a thread to go back to and see what is new afterwards and what not.

I still haven't tried them much myself but it might help.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Site Suggestions