Auto log in every time not always sticking

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

Auto log in every time not always sticking

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:02 am

It seems that if I use the drop down under tools and that Log in saying to remember and log in automatically it won't end up lasting but when I do the same thing using the log in on the portal for the site then it does work right.

Is there any way to find out what the difference in what the two different log in fields are doing with the cookies would be? And some way to ensure it works properly no matter which log in is getting that check to remember.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:38 am

I'm not having any trouble with the cookies. The site autologs me in every time. My suggestion is to delete your cookies and start fresh, because it may be a corrupted line in one of 'em. Also clear your browser cache to get rid of stored copies of the home page that may also be contributing to the problem.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:26 am

I know I already did that over the past 48 hours a few times just to check before making this post. It seems that the log me in every time part is only persistent when it is done with the Home page, instead of the tools separate, log in.

The Cookie generated by the Tools log in when selecting that check box for it to log in every time doesn't seem to always remember it after the session expires.

But the one from the Home portal log in persists unless I completely power down my system. I've even fully closed out my browser and re-opened it and that one persists. And I have no idea why there is this difference.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:52 am

Found the same problem over here on FireFox... Not that bad, but I usually find out after already opening a few posts, and closing them again, which means my notifications for those posts will not be noted. :?
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:35 pm

Maybe it's just Geko browsers. Since that is happening to me on Seamonkey. Also a Mozilla project.

I just did a full restart and with the Home page log in cookie I'm still logged in. It seems to only be the Tools Log in that has problems setting a cookie that will last.

Edit: I have a theory. Allot of the things in the Geko browsers seem to be location of page dependent.

Maybe it's saying the Cookie was set on Specific URL/Page and since the tools isn't the Home Page it's keeping the cookie from being associated to the other page even though it is the same log in cookie for the whole site.

It's only a theory but since I can't find any significant differences between the text of the cookies when I copied them to Notepad I can't think of another reason for it.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Site Suggestions