Suggestion

Got a suggestion for the site? Put it here

Suggestion

Postby AshK1980 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:18 pm

I think it would really be cool if the was a feature in our Tools panel where we could type in the Dimensions we want for our Avatars. I think that would be really cool. Just a suggestion.
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:32 pm

First, this is in the wrong spot.

You want 'Site Suggestions'

Moved.

Secondly:

The avatars are an image you upload. I'm confused by what you're asking for.

If you want it to be a different size, than resize the image and reupload it.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby AshK1980 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:52 pm

Well on the MSF Forums User Control Panel it has a section that says link to Offsite Avatar. At the bottom of the function it lists a sectiomn for Avatar Adjustment for width and height where you enter the Px of the Width and Height you want. Sorry to confuse you. Maybe Crescent can help you with what I mean.
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:09 pm

We don't have an adjustment for the size of picture your avatar can be, and that's deliberate. First off, there's no need. The existing field can easily handle any image up to the site limit.

Second, we don't want or allow any images that cannot fit in the field, or which exceed the limits set in the rules.

So, since the avatar area already adjusts to the size needed, what's the point of manual settings?

Edit: Oh, I think I may know what you mean. You mean controls that allow you to adjust the size of the image to whatever you want.

That would require a program to edit the images which we don't have, and which Stacy would be unlikely to want to install.

If you're not comfortable with editing your own images, there are plenty of people here who can and who would be more than willing to edit one for you.
Last edited by lwf58 on Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:35 pm

Besides which, if you make a big image smaller, or a small image bigger, it probably won't look as good as it would if you modified the image to the size you want in some kind of image editor.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby AshK1980 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:42 pm

lwf58 wrote:We don't have an adjustment for the size of picture your avatar can be, and that's deliberate. First off, there's no need. The existing field can easily handle any image up to the site limit.

Second, we don't want or allow any images that cannot fit in the field, or which exceed the limits set in the rules.

So, since the avatar area already adjusts to the size needed, what's the point of manual settings?

Edit: Oh, I think I may know what you mean. You mean controls that allow you to adjust the size of the image to whatever you want.

That would require a program to edit the images which we don't have, and which Stacy would be unlikely to want to install.

If you're not comfortable with editing your own images, there are plenty of people here than can and who would be more than willing to edit one for you.

Unfortunately I don't have an image editor on my home computer.

Here is the one I want edited. I like this one:

AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:50 pm

No prob.

Here's what it looks like if you just shrink it to fit the site guidelines:

See how all the detail is lost?

So here's one cropped to fit, and only shrunk a little:

It's a bit blurry, but that can be sharpened up some.

And here's the result:

If you want more detail on the face, then a more narrow crop can be done so that the image size can be larger.

Oh! These are thumbnails. To see the images in full size, which is a little larger, click on them.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby AshK1980 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Thanks! I forgot that I could Crop it in Photobucket. Sorry to trouble you. Thanks so much.
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:02 pm

Again, if you click on that image in my post, you'll get one that is the full size our rules allow, and which is less blurry.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby AshK1980 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Thanks again! I like it a lot!

Sincerely,
AshK
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:42 am

You could always install an image viewer like Irfanview or XNView, which also allow you to resize/resample images, too. :)
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Himitsu » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:07 am

Like Mike said, Irfanview is a great image editing program, and best of all. It's free. You can even use it to capture screenshots or resize multiple images by the pixel. You can even have it perserve the aspect ratio so your pictures don't get stretched.

http://www.irfanview.com/
When you're as smart as me, you don't need proof.
Spammaster Rank S.
Himitsu
Trickster Priest

Return to Site Suggestions