any fics in zip format?

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

any fics in zip format?

Postby timdraco » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:37 pm

im kinda stuck with a 56k modem so im trying to find any fukufics in winzip or any zipped format. Any ideas? oh ya i got like a ton of ranma crossover fics on my hard drive if anyones interested. to tell u the truth ive got so many i dont no what i got! LOL but if u interested i can zip em all up in a nice little zipped folder and let u guys look at em. just leave me a message and ill send u it. oh um leave ur email so i can get it to u! well
ja nei!(means goodbye in japanese! :) )
timdraco
Senshi Cadet

Postby lwf58 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:18 pm

Text files are generally so small that it doesn't matter if they are zipped or not. An analog modem can get the biggest story files in a matter of seconds, or a couple of minutes at worst. This really isn't worth bothering anyone else about.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby timdraco » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:24 pm

well thats kinda how i store all my fics i get as. The main reason for that is my hard drive is only 5gigs. I zip all my ranma fics in one folder and all the rest in there own little folders so i can save space. It also helps to have them zipped for when i share storys with people.
timdraco
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:25 pm

No clue about a site that stores fics in zipped format... I don't have 'm zipped on HDD either. Then again, I haven't got a 5 gig totdal capacity limit (more like 180 gig at the moment).
I do zip the files occassionally for moving them about on my IPaq tho.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby timdraco » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:32 pm

Ya i know i gotta get a bigger hard drive or get a new computer. But for now this is all i got to work with so hopefully i dont get another virus anytime soon. I found one group on yahoo that has there storys zipped in there archive, but unfortently it was deleted from my bookmarks when my hard drive went down the drain. I really hate viruses and norton antivirus for not catching it for it killed my puny 5 gig hd. Sigh oh well maybe i'll win the lottery or something and buy me a alienware laptop.
On another note, All my fics im writing will be in zip format if i send out copys of em. You have bin worned.(lovley spelling neh?
Timdraco
timdraco
Senshi Cadet

Postby DCG » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:48 pm

I do belive there was an old Ranma fiction storage sight. Had damn near every thing in zip.
No clue if its still around tho
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby timdraco » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:53 pm

Yah i remeber it was the ffml site that no longer exists even though everone still links to it. I wish someone would put a site like that back up and keep it up. Closest i can come to that site is floresticas page. :D which i cant remember the link for.
Timdraco
timdraco
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:01 pm

That probably would've been this link: ftp://ftp.cs.ubc.ca/pub/archive/anime-fan-works/Ranma/
Which unfortunatly is removed from that FTP. It's FAQ still is around tho: http://archives.eyrie.org/anime/00RAACFAQ
A bit of digging in Google however yielded this site... http://archives.eyrie.org/anime/
That help any?
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Darkbane848 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:42 pm

You could always try this link:
ftp://ftp.gweep.ca/pub/anime/anime-fan-works/
I'm not sure, but it seems to have all the same files as the site Neko- gave, though this seem to be the site "The Penultimate Ranma Fanfic Index" Uses for those stories it have a local copy of.
And if you're worried about more viruses, you should try NOD32. It's the best antivirus out there, though you have to pay to get it.
Darkbane848
Senshi Cadet

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender