vs Crystal Toyko

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

Postby Lumly » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:24 pm

Mitchell wrote: it was from Wiseman's POV. ... There were two sequels, one where he came back to fight the last of the children of Chaos or something. Sorry if I don't have all the info.

sounds like Razorclaw X's Souls of Fire series
http://www.angelfire.com/art/rcxshizuka/sm/souls.html
Wiseman gathers up the Nerima Wrecking Crew (and various others) to fight the "evil despot"... Neo-Queen Serenity (which is actually not far wrong as it turns out because to create CT several acts of genocide were committed)
good choice... it's one of my favorite Crystal Tokyo fics and perfect for this thread
Lumly
Senshi Candidate

Postby Materia-Blade » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:55 pm

Arg. Fine. Heh heh.
"I killed the world and you can too, if you try hard."
-- Lews Therin Kinslayer
Materia-Blade
Senshi Cadet

Postby max7xile » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:30 pm

Here's a link to a similar discussion on the validity of Crystal Toyko within the SM forum.
http://www.fukufics.com/viewtopic.php?t=568[/url]
max7xile
Senshi Candidate

Re: Back to the original Post

Postby Lumly » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:22 pm

Lumly wrote:back to the original post about people against CT...
IIRC way back in the late 90's Mark Doherty wrote "I'm Here to Help" ...
sadly it was never finished but it was very well written and worth a look if you can find it

Good news ! Mark Doherty has returned AND updated "I'm Here to Help"
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1192193/
Lumly
Senshi Candidate

Postby Pale Wolf » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:26 am

My god, w00t, and such.
... Gonna need to reread the whole thing now, but that's no torment.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Just read it

Postby pspinler » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:18 pm

As a rule, I don't follow pure Sailor Moon fics, but I was pretty darned pleased with this one. He does an excellent job of character depth and moral ambiguity; not just for the protagonist, but for the senshi as well.
It'd have been even more interesting if Beryl's crew were portrayed as anything other than purely evil. But that's just wishful thinking on my part. :-)
-- Pat
pspinler
Senshi Cadet

Postby Siden » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:27 pm

People against Crystal Tokyo? Hmm...
I do not know if it counts, but Fire's Vengence and a Half pits the NWC, the Inner Senshi, the Outers, the Black Moon Family, and the Deathbusters all against each other.
Read another one like that this summer, a pretty good non-standard "Pluto manipulates everything" fic that had Pu trying to get the senshi to kill Ranma, but that doesn't work and Ranma and company end up trying to kill the senshi in revenge. It ends up with a few deaths on each side after a climactic battle, and Pluto turns out to be an insane zealot who will stop at nothing, even killing the senshi, to achieve her own perverse vision of CT. While I do not normally like such fics, this one pulled everything off pretty well.
I just wish I could remember the name or author.
Employed by Lady Bliss.
True Neutral, "Pure Neutral", "Balancer"
Spamville Dossier
Siden
Asteroid Senshi

Postby claymade » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:24 am

Siden wrote:Read another one like that this summer, a pretty good non-standard "Pluto manipulates everything" fic that had Pu trying to get the senshi to kill Ranma, but that doesn't work and Ranma and company end up trying to kill the senshi in revenge. It ends up with a few deaths on each side after a climactic battle, and Pluto turns out to be an insane zealot who will stop at nothing, even killing the senshi, to achieve her own perverse vision of CT. While I do not normally like such fics, this one pulled everything off pretty well.
I just wish I could remember the name or author.

Sounds like XZero's "In Darkness, In Fire" could fit that bill.
claymade
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Siden » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:35 am

claymade wrote:Sounds like XZero's "In Darkness, In Fire" could fit that bill.

Yes, that is the one I was looking for.
Danke.
Employed by Lady Bliss.
True Neutral, "Pure Neutral", "Balancer"
Spamville Dossier
Siden
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Kimina » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:50 pm

For the record, there can never be a true perfect utopia. Personally mine would be with a plethora of magic and other fantastical stuff. But that's just it, it's my utopia. THE utopia has yet to be concieved and probably won't be.
Pain is an Illusion of the senses.
Despair is an illusion of the mind.
Kindness is wasted on the weak.
Kimina
Senshi Cadet

Previous

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender