Fukufic: Eternal Sun

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

Fukufic: Eternal Sun

Postby Lenneth » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:02 pm

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3067765/1/
Havn't read much but sofar it's prity good
Lenneth
Senshi Cadet

Postby Scratx-chan » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:38 pm

I already knew of that one... it's the fic that turned me off at the 4th paragraph. Suspension of disbelief was shattered that soon.
A record for me.
EDIT: In other words, it sucks.
Scratx-chan
Senshi Cadet

Postby camk4evr » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:45 am

The fourth paragraph? It took you that long?
I have to admit, though, that (unfortunately) it's not the worst I've attempted to read.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:11 am

CoughcoughPhantomandtheSilencecough.
Which I, much to my shame and regret, read all the way through.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby camk4evr » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:56 am

Pale Wolf wrote:CoughcoughPhantomandtheSilencecough.

Never heard of it. Sounds like it was a good thing I didn't, too.
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Pale Wolf » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:20 am

It is.
Believe me.
There is no problem that cannot be solved through the proper application of immense levels of firepower.

- Finally promoted to Spammaster Indeterminate Rank as of June 18, by Stratagemini

<Stratagemini> My Titanium Anus Armour will repel all challengers!

Would you believe this is one of the more tame bits of dirt I've got for him?
Pale Wolf
Fukufics Staffer

Postby mondu_the_fat » Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:43 am

I reached the 4th paragraph. In fairness, I tried to read further.
Urgh.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Metroidvania » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:19 am

Pale Wolf wrote:CoughcoughPhantomandtheSilencecough.

Forgive me, for I have sinned....
I read it through also....
my eyes shutdown shortly after I finished, though, in fairness, it was also probably due to the fact that I'd been awake for 72 hours....
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby EdenB » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:51 am

In fairness, it's nowhere near the worst piece of fanfiction i've seen...
Which is a pretty damn scary thing. O.o
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Tovath » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:39 am

I almost made it though the first chapter. If I thought about it I am sure I could find several large plotholes like if Ranma's powerful enough to stop the Moon Kingdom from falling how come he couldn't stop the yoma from killing every one in Nerima
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby EdenB » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:30 am

Tovath wrote:I almost made it though the first chapter. If I thought about it I am sure I could find several large plotholes like if Ranma's powerful enough to stop the Moon Kingdom from falling how come he couldn't stop the yoma from killing every one in Nerima

I managed to make it through both. They plan to make his female locked form into a Sailor Senshi, therefore giving him extra power.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:53 pm

I kinda agree with Lenneth.
But I've read so many other stories with some variation on the idea that it just doesn't seem particulrly interesting. That, and the authors style isn't particularly convincing.
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby nuriko » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:20 pm

I'm sure I could say a number of nasty things about this fic, though it's not THAT bad ... choppy and contrived will do, I think.
Side note: my first post on the new forum, after only 3.5 months!
nuriko
Senshi Cadet

Postby P.H. Wise » Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:34 pm

Not the worst fic I ever read, but it totally destroys suspension of disbelief almost immediately, and goes in a totally idiotic direction for the naming schemes of its Moon Kingdom characters (variants on 'peace' instead of the already established Greek/Roman mythologically based names).
Hige sceal þe heardra || heorte þe cenre,
mod sceal þe mare || þe ure mægen lytlað.
P.H. Wise
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Materia-Blade » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:03 pm

Will someone do me a favor and Define: "Suspension of Disbelief?"
This retarded phrase has been annoying me for ages.
Suspension of Disbelief. I'm gonna try and break that down.
Suspend: to cause to cease or bring to a stop or stay, usually for a time
Suspension: The act of suspending. The act of a ceace. Making Longer.
Disbelief: Not to be believed. Untrustworthy.
Therefore Suspension of disbelief should be the "Temporary ceace or stop of a period of disbelief." Or in more normal turns. "A believable moment."
Now... in my oppinion. A story shouldn't have one of these. Period. As "A believable moment" indicates that the rest of the story would be "Unbelievable."
Now, to "Shatter" or "destroy" a suspension of disbelief would probably mean to make it unbelievable, again. (The key word here is again. Meaning that it should have already been unbelievable before.)
I first heard the phrase mentioned by Obsidian-Fox and as I go I'm more and more annoyed by it because having one in a story is pointless in the first place and having one to "Shatter" is even more pointless! The story should be believable! Period!
Now as to this story, it doesn't have a "Suspension of Disbelief." As those here seem to think. It has a unbelievable plot. What it kills in the first four paragraphs is practicality. Logicallity. Plausibility. It makes events that are crude or unlikely, happen. Now While they are a little unlikely, i don't find them completely impossible. Nor do i feel like the credibility of the story was destroyed by unlikely events. (Ex. Ranma saving the moon kingdom when he didn't have the power to save nerima from several hundred demons. Not to mention why only HE had the ability and power to take on the powers of "Sailor Sun?)
I do agree that they are rather implausible. But that wouldn't stop me from reading, as he may put a "two cents" in later explaining why these things are.
Perhaps (The easy way here) Ranma is a direct decendent. Or perhaps it has something to do with the Pheonix Pill? Or the kinjaken? Maybe ranma's contact with it gave him a connector to the sun?
Just because it's implausible in the beginning, does not necessarily mean that it won't be plausible later. Now as far as I know, he has said nothing like that and I can think of no way for him to "explain away" ranma's inability to protect his friends, while having the ability to stop the destruction of the moon kingdom. But what I can see is a pretty cool flashback scene on it's way, that might lighten the implausibility.
Another example (off the top of my head) would be my own story. In it I had Usagi recover a memory, suddenly, and right as it was needed. Someone accused me of Deus Ex Machina. Then in the next chapter I told how that memory was planted in her by someone else, directly to suit that persons own purposes. Thus, deus ex machina, averted. Implausibility, destroyed.
Though there was no "Suspension of disbelief..." (sneer)
Thus do I end my rant against the phrase "Suspension of Disbelief."
Feel free to debate me. It's been a while since I excersized my wit.
"I killed the world and you can too, if you try hard."
-- Lews Therin Kinslayer
Materia-Blade
Senshi Cadet

Next

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender