Please List your favorite "Ranma-in-a-Fuku" fics.

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

Postby nuclear death frog » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:30 pm

Ninsaneja wrote:But yeah, Fire wrote two very good SM crossovers, Sailor Ranko and Destiny's Child.

You don't consider Vengeance and a Half very good?
I personally thought it was ground-breaking. And that it remains so.
As far as I'm concerned there's precious little originality to most Ranma-SM crossovers. A lot of them are virtual carbons of each other, except for little differences that don't amount to much.
Vengeance had a truly original plot and character dynamics that I don't think anyone's even tried to copy since, or at least not the whole thing. Pieces of it, yes.
Frankly, I'd throw away every fukufic on the list, except possibly RelAbs in a heartbeat if it would mean *one* more chapter of Vengeance -- not even the whole thing, just another chapter.
That it remains incomplete, and is likely to stay that way, is a damned shame.
Oh, and just to stem the inevitable tide of questions which ask why I post here when I don't seem to like the main focus of the site? Well, that'd be the general quality of posts on the board.
nuclear death frog
Senshi Cadet

Postby Neko- » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:07 am

*Concurs with nuclear death frog on Vengeance And A Half*
Shame the next chapter's been in the works for over 2 years :( (3 years and 2 days if I may believe the date-stamp on my local copy).
As far as incomplete crossovers go, that one does belong somewhere at the top of the list of things that demand to be completed.
But since that fic doesn't include Ranma-in-a-fuku, it falls outside the scope of this thread.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Ninsaneja » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:31 pm

I can only rate something at "Very Good" or beyond once it is finished. Before then it remains "Pretty Good."
It's just the way I think - If I can't see how it ends how can I know it is excellent?
"For a good time, call Molimo"
- Inscribed on a bathroom stall door in Yavimaya.
Ninsaneja
Senshi Cadet

Postby Tuisto » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:16 pm

Well, I don't see this one listed here, but as far Ranma as a Sailor Scout goes this one is (I think) the best. It's a multicross with Tenchi Muyo too.
Good plot and character development, and it's so good I've read it twice.(I never ever reread fics, it's just that good.)
" Aftermath: A Story of Blended Clichés’ by Trimatter " on ff.net
Also "The Best of Times" is really quite good, quite humourous up to the fighting. on ff.net
Then there's "Forever the Tomboy" on ff.net (confusing and facinating THAT one.)
Lastly, I kind of forget if "The Juuban Incident" on ff.net had Ranma as a fuku wearing senshi or not, but there was some connection there I recal. Good fic, though, as I recal, not a happy ending. not at all.
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Anchoku » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:58 pm

Sailor Ranko and sequels
Generation Lost and The Return
Children of Fire
Honor and Love
Furies
Lines of Destiny
Princess of the Moon
Relatively Absent
Vengance and a Half
The Tranquility Protocols
The Juuban Incident (darkfic)
Just a Plan
Many others
Anchoku
Senshi Cadet

Postby spaceman » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:49 pm

Aftermath: A Story of Blended Clichés’ by Trimatter
Destiny's Child by Fire including the incomplete DBZ demon sequel.
Forever Tomboy by Ranger5
The Return and Gunslinger Moon by Josh Temple
Lines of Destiny by Louis-Philippe Giroux
Relatively Absent by Togashi Gaijin
Sailor Ranko and sequels.
Siren's Calling by Wargiver
I also include
PARAGON by Robert Haynie
The Earth Princess by Cloud Dreamer
spaceman
Initiate

Postby Materia-Blade » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:17 pm

I've read every one of the fics spaceman mentioned except Siren's... no... wait... I've read that one too.
"I killed the world and you can too, if you try hard."
-- Lews Therin Kinslayer
Materia-Blade
Senshi Cadet

Postby tsukiakari » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:15 pm

I may have missed it somewhere in the list, but I believe "Mirrors Multiplied, Original Flavor" by Skysaber on FF.net should definitely be on this list somewhere. It is highly unlikely that it will ever be finished, but it is still worth a read I think.
Another unfinished, thou I suppose it could be left as is, would be "A Ranko’s Bet Fan Fiction: Sailor Jurai" by The DCG on FF.net. Its short but humorous.
There are a few others, but I think most are in the thread somewhere already.
Better a bullet to the back of the head than one to the front.
tsukiakari
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:09 pm

Sailor Jurai will be continued. The DCG confirmed it.
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

another Ranma/SM Xover with Ranma in a fuku

Postby O.T.Hill » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:10 pm

I enjoyed the Olsen brothers' "A Different Viewpoint" set of fan fiction series (at
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/1449/fanfics.html - Ranma 1/2 with substantial crossovers from Sailor Moon, Ah! My Goddess, and Kung Fu: The Legend Continues and cameos from a couple of other series). Ranma ends up in a fuku as a stand-in "Sailor Earth" in chapter 32 of the first series (http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Dojo/1449/adv32.html).
I hope they'll eventually update the third series (Curses and Demons) so I can find out how the multiple unknown-to-one-another rescue parties are going to get the cursed Ami and her new familiar friend out of the SF Zoo without accidentally killing each other.
O.T.Hill
Initiate

Postby Quizer » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:11 pm

Ninsaneja wrote:I can only rate something at "Very Good" or beyond once it is finished. Before then it remains "Pretty Good."
It's just the way I think - If I can't see how it ends how can I know it is excellent?

I usually rate a fic according to its potential if it isn't finished yet. A fic can either fulfill my expectations or even exceed them, or fall short, in which case its rating in my head drops. Measuring how much you look forward to the next chapter is a good starting point. As a rating is something highly subjective anyway, I do not think it has to be constant over time.
I agree that the ending is an important factor in the perceived quality of a story - I have seen more than one excellent fic fail because of a disappointing ending. However, most of the time I remain optimistic, and unless the story is unusually captivating, I don't feel a big urge to continue if I get the feeling it is going to disappoint me.
Quizer
Quizer
Senshi Candidate

Postby runnerz » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:53 am

I love Relatively Absent; it's one of the more inventive divergences. Heir to the Empire is a really well thought fic as well. My favorite that never really got started was The Youngest Senshi. Ignore the fact that I wrote the first two chapters and stopped like 2.5 years ago. It's been a while.
runnerz
Senshi Cadet

Postby nodregah » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:43 am

Where can I find "The Youngest Senshi"?
nodregah
Senshi Cadet

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:27 pm

nuclear death frog wrote:You don't consider Vengeance and a Half very good?

spaceman wrote:PARAGON by Robert Haynie

Does no-one ever bother to read the title of this topic? I don't recall seeing Ranma in a fuku when I last read Vengeance (though that was some time ago, so my memory may be suspect on that one), and there deffinately is not a fuku on Ranma in Paragon.
If you want to post in this topic, remember that it's about Ranma in a fuku, not general Ranma/SM crosses.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:48 pm

Cyber_Skaarj wrote:and there definately is not a fuku on Ranma in Paragon.

Paragon is something of a special case, IMHO. Ranma is a magical girl in that one, with a cute animal sidekick, but avoids wearing a fuku because he's not a Sailor Senshi. It goes about halfway toward fitting the thread topic, so I suppose it rates an honorable mention.
lwf58
Site Master

PreviousNext

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender