Please List your favorite "Ranma-in-a-Fuku" fics.

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:03 pm

Yes, well about the fukufic thingy... I have one question that has been bugging me for some time now. Does Ranma need to be a senshi for the fic to be a fukufic. Let's say Ranma wears a normal fuku to school, couldn't that be considered a fukufic too? Just some food for thought. Don't shoot the messenger.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:20 pm

Fair question.
Sunny's more of an authority on that, I'd say. But the term 'fukufic' to me implies that he's a Sailor Senshi, so that's one vote in that direction.
And to keep this from straying off topic too far, I think that one of my all-time fav fukufics would be Gunslinger Moon. I wish Josh would get reinspired to write more of that one.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:11 am

Well, it has to be more than a school seifuku.
But yes, if Ranma wore a Sailor Senshi costume or made her own then it would count.
This is why Poly's "Just a Plan" Here
Where Ranma makes her own uniform and pretends to be a magical girl
and
"Fuku-ken" by J. St.C. Patrick
Here
Where Ranma gets the fuku-ken and makes herself a magical girl
both count.
So here it is just on the uniform.
And yes, Paragon is close enough to be an Honorable mention. That's why that list exists.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Kenko » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:58 am

Well... Strictly speaking Paragon isnt wearing a seifuku (the usual meaning here).
However, she IS wearing a Parafuku -- that is, fuku in the sense of the term Uniform. THe idea-- as you all know, of course, was to create a classic Sailor Moon style Magical Girl-- well, sort of-- without being a Sailor.
Besides Honorable Mention is FINE with me-- a LOT better than a dishonorable mention.
Kenko
Initiate

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:20 am

Another excellent one is Phoenix Rising although Ranma is not wearing the standard senshi uniform after she transforms. I remembered this one after reading Strained Harmony as it also has Ranma trying to adjust to her new life after she left the Tendos. It's very well written although unfinished.
Oh, and Kenko, any plans on continuing "Girl Days"?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Yrael » Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:52 am

Anybody have a link for 'Phoenix Rising'? I couldn't seem to find it via ff.net or Google.
Yrael
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:05 pm

Kenko wrote:Well... Strictly speaking Paragon isnt wearing a seifuku (the usual meaning here).
However, she IS wearing a Parafuku -- that is, fuku in the sense of the term Uniform. THe idea-- as you all know, of course, was to create a classic Sailor Moon style Magical Girl-- well, sort of-- without being a Sailor.

Indeed. And you did get that. Paragon is different from the SM magical girls but also the same.
To avoid confusion. The line that I normally draw for if it counts as a Sailor Senshi seifuku enough to count is Sailor DarkStar
It has the tiara, miniskirt, back and front bows, and gloves.
Yes it is very convinient that the Ranma from one of my fics just managed to squeak by.
Oh yes, if this goes further I will split some of thesemessages to make a "What makes a fukufic" thread.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby some1x » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:28 pm

If it qualifies, Paragon is the best :D Original, polished, witty, funny, show-not-tell, great pacing... I love it.
I have become jaded from reading too many fics. Most fukufics (and Ranma fanfics in general) lack fundamentals of good storytelling. My pet peeves are poor dialog, tell-not-show, and contrived plot devices. Quite a few of the recommended fukufics suffer from these. :(
some1x
Initiate

Postby AyanamiRei » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:01 am

What about All The Small Things? In that one Ranma transforms into a female Sailor Nemesis ^^;;
AyanamiRei
Initiate

Postby WG_Writer » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:32 am

meh no bows, gets Honorable, but then again Ranma is a real Sailor Senshi... Sunny... I think this needs a ruling...
But on topic, I believe my current favorite is... Relativly Absent ... which needs an update >.<
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby P.H. Wise » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:30 pm

Anchoku wrote:The Juuban Incident (darkfic)

Is it bad that when I think of the Juuban Incident, what comes to mind is the Reduced Fanfic, and not the original? :D
The Juuban Incident
Original story by Michael Fetter
Reduced by Bjorn Christianson
(Ranma is PERMANENTLY LOCKED as a GIRL at Jusenkyo.)
Genma: "Well, boy, guess you're going to have to marry Mamoru 'Tuxedo Mask' Tendo."
Ranma: "Oh, great."
Sailor Senshi: "You seem to be the reincarnation of Queen Serenity, but we're going to brutally attack you every chance we get because we're offended by childish insults."
Ranma: "Even better."
Author: "None of that matters, because at the very end of the story, I'm going to go in a completely different direction, invalidate everything I've set up so far, and brutally dispose of a whole bunch of major characters for no readily apparent reason!"
Ranma: "That's... wait, what?"
(The author DOES.)
THE END
Author: "Jinkies! Ferrets stole my brain!"

So far as my favorite fukufics go, however, besides the aforementioned 'Children of Fire,' I also like many of the ones already mentioned in this thread. Among my favorites are:
- The Return
- Princess of the Moon
- Lines of Destiny
- Relatively Absent
Hige sceal þe heardra || heorte þe cenre,
mod sceal þe mare || þe ure mægen lytlað.
P.H. Wise
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:28 pm

WarGiver wrote:meh no bows, gets Honorable, but then again Ranma is a real Sailor Senshi... Sunny... I think this needs a ruling...

Uniform doesn't count.
Ranma could be Sailor Moon herself, but if she doesn't wear the Senshi seifuku (bows, skirt, tiara, ect) then it's not a fukufic.
It's the uniform.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby PepperJAQ » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:47 pm

if it's the uniform... then in two or three updates, my new fic will count :3
oh... on topic. one of the ones that sticks out in my mind at the moment is 'just a plan' ... but just about any fuku fic is fun for me... mostly...
what can i say, i'm easily amused.
*sends much good vibes to friends*
PepperJAQ
Senshi Cadet

Postby runnerz » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:45 am

Now that my fic has been updated, and the next chapter is in C&C, I can say it's started again. I beg someone to at least read it once. So far, the only two people have replied and the darn thread has been up for an entire day.
Love is a battlefield. So is Sailor Moon. When Josh finishes Gunslinger Moon, then the battlefield will be bloody too.
runnerz
Senshi Cadet

Postby Andy2kk » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:26 pm

Heya, I've just been reading, Forever the Tomboy and I've found that whole story so far was just wow! It's the only Ranma as a Sailor Senshi I've read. Does anyone know if it'll be updated anytime soon?
I wanted to ask if any of the other fanfic's have him as Michiru? That fanfic just dealt with some of the situations he went through really well, like how he/she is still only interested in girls, and Michiru would be the perfect choice for that. Also the detail with the emotions of everyone involved, it's one of those fics that once you start you can't stop reading until it's done! So yeah.... any of these other fanfic's like that? heh...:)
I'd appreciate any help!
Andy2kk
Senshi Cadet

PreviousNext

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender