Possible fukufic: Redemption

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

Possible fukufic: Redemption

Postby Tenebrae » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Redemption by mmoondragon is a Ranma 1/2, Sailor Moon crossover that has Ranma as the reborn soul of Beryl. There's also a minor Oh My Goddess cross as well. It's AU with the canonical history from the series.
That said, it isn't that well written, with both spelling and grammar needing improvement, although I'm inclined to give it some leeway, since it's the authors first story.
Warning: the above post is the result of brainpan leakage. Do not take seriously or ingest.
Tenebrae
Senshi Candidate

Re: Possible fukufic: Redemption

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:51 pm

I like it although there's one thing that's really annoying; the cliché that Ranma doesn't know what sex is.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby mmoondragon » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:22 am

hi guys sorry for that. I just have always felt that being raised on the road with only genma, celibate monks and one brief stent in junior high has not prepared ranma for more that the basics you get out of a health class primer. no one has ever bothered to ask if he had any practical knowledge of how it worked. you have to admit the actual act of sex if you have not participated in it is nasty. couple this with his massive sense of male, and you get his over the top reaction to what guys actually want to do to his girl side. I will check this from time to time and will answer questions on my story as i am able. thank yall you have been a great help in writing.

MIchael Moon
mmoondragon
mmoondragon
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:58 am

The real question comes down to if you think Genma is the type of guy who would have had Sex. In addition to the question of if Ranma was too clueless to not notice animals in the wild doing so sometimes quite loudly not too far from camp while spending those years on the road.

Nature just isn't a place where you can miss any and all signs of the cycle of life. That doesn't mean you will understand what is going on when you see it but its still out there to get noticed.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby mmoondragon » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:57 pm

true I can concede the point to you and dumbledork but you have to admit that its still funny.
mmoondragon
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:07 pm

The problem is that Ranma is talking about it like a 4 year old child that just got felt up and violated by a priest to a woman who appears to be 8 years old. Even for Miss Hinako's child form this situation is being presented in a bit too immature of a manner.

I am not claiming anyone in this should be a bastion of maturity but this is too over the top to keep it funny.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:45 am

Actually, it was the Hinako thing that bugged me most -- when she's 8, she /acts 8/. In her child form she'd find it as 'ew' as Ranma was finding it.
But Ranma shouldn't be finding it 'ew'. It's not ignorance that people kids find it gross, it's their bodies aren't ready for it, and thus they aren't wired to find the thoughts and images all that attractive.
Even if Ranma is ignorant, it should still be affecting him as it would any teenage boy, or if not -- well one could argue based on canon that Ranma may be asexual and thus he'd likely simply not be interested too much.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby mmoondragon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:44 am

actually where I was going with this is that it happened to his female half that truly freaked him out. I may be wrong and will admit it if i am but female to female affection to this level never really happens to him. True hinako was a lot ooc but she was the only one I could think of that might even pretend to tell him its ok. besides she is a teacher at heart and one of her students was losing it. could you think of anyone else he could have that conversation with currently in the country the old ghoul might work but like i say, she's in china and konatsu and ukyo are at a convention. It goes back to his youngest days find an adult parent first, then a family member, thenteacher if no one else... damn you guys make good points. Never claimed to be an expert on ranma 1/2. I mostly go off fanon. anyway as long as yall are enjoying the story
mmoondragon
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:01 am

Thinking about things that seemed odd. Ranma didn't know chess. Any chance of making it so Genma was deliberately trying to prevent Ranma from learning how to actually play strategy games. To keep that keep tactical mind from actually learning to plot and outflank him? Or at the very least to keep Ranma from noticing when Genma cheats at Shogi There's even that episode of the Anime where there's a Martial Arts Shogi match. All because Genma had been cheating and the guy who got obsessed over it making it an art thought he had lost in a fair game to a master opponent.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:04 am

Well, why do you have to use chibi Hinako? Doesn't she have the fighting fish at home she uses to charge up? She should simply say "Shit! I can't deal with this in this bodfy" and syphon some energy off the fish.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby LiliandraNadiar » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:06 am

A 'common' fannon excuse for Ranma's lack of 'interest' is also minor brain damage. Either intentionally or accidentally that blocked full mental maturity from occurring.
When in danger, or in doubt;
Run in circles, scream and shout
LiliandraNadiar
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:20 am

LiliandraNadiar wrote:A 'common' fannon excuse for Ranma's lack of 'interest' is also minor brain damage. Either intentionally or accidentally that blocked full mental maturity from occurring.

Or Genma using pressure points.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby mmoondragon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:22 am

Dumbledork wrote:Well, why do you have to use chibi Hinako? Doesn't she have the fighting fish at home she uses to charge up? She should simply say "Shit! I can't deal with this in this bodfy" and syphon some energy off the fish.

I simply forgot about the fish. [scratches back of head] sorry about that.
mmoondragon
Senshi Candidate

Postby mmoondragon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:25 am

Spokavriel wrote: Thinking about things that seemed odd. Ranma didn't know chess. Any chance of making it so Genma was deliberately trying to prevent Ranma from learning how to actually play strategy games. To keep that keep tactical mind from actually learning to plot and outflank him? Or at the very least to keep Ranma from noticing when Genma cheats at Shogi There's even that episode of the Anime where there's a Martial Arts Shogi match. All because Genma had been cheating and the guy who got obsessed over it making it an art thought he had lost in a fair game to a master opponent.

I know I am using this card a lot but, I didn't know if gemna played chess. It was one thing I picked up on from Ami's Wiki page. I thought i would make a cool scene. plus i figure genma would quit playing shogi with ranma if ranma started to beat him more often that not.
mmoondragon
Senshi Candidate

Postby mmoondragon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:27 am

Or Genma using pressure points.[/quote]

It's something like that but it's a secret for now. Major spoiler :)
mmoondragon
Senshi Candidate

Next

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender