Found another one

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

Found another one

Postby Llisandur » Thu May 18, 2006 4:37 am

Nova by skyrover7
He's only got one chapter up at the moment, but it's pretty good so far (except for the cliche 'uber brat' Akane).
Ranma is Sailor Nova, and apparently Nodoka is actually Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo. We'll see how it goes.
Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2944539/1/
Llisandur
Initiate

Postby A.Nonymous » Thu May 18, 2006 6:03 am

I've always wanted to see a fic where Yosho didn't "defeat" Ryoko...they just ran off together and shacked up...and then they had a kid named Ranma. They're just waiting for the statute of limitations to run out.
Also, it would be Ryoko taking Ranma off on a training journey...and instead of Jusenkyo, there's...Washuu...
A.Nonymous
Senshi Cadet

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu May 18, 2006 10:40 am

No uniform yet and a pretty shoddy fic.
But yeah, good find. Looks like this counts.
Heh, between Siren's Calling, Ice Squared, Rel Abs and the other new fics, there'll be quite hte update when the database gets back online.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Jerry » Thu May 18, 2006 12:16 pm

I just finish reading it and the twist to the time line was GREAT!
Jerry
Senshi Candidate

Postby Eris » Thu May 18, 2006 12:58 pm

Out of curiousity, where exactly would a Sailor Nova draw her power? The senshi seen in the canon all were tied to a particular stellar body (I think). But a nova is a sort of event that occurs to many different white dwarfs. It's like calling yourself Sailor Solar Flare. Well, great, but which one?
Mayhaps I be too harsh, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Eris
Senshi Candidate

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Thu May 18, 2006 1:28 pm

Sunny wrote:No uniform yet and a pretty shoddy fic.

Er... not quite on the first point:
She concentrated and called on the power that was the essence of her body. Light swirled around her body changing it and forcing it into a mold that was designed long ago. It burned away the most of the alien magic and merged the remainder. Chromatic light cascaded across her body and formed a black leotard that hugged her shapely curves. A black fuku with silver trim that came almost to mid thigh was next followed by two silver bows, one in front on her chest and the other in back. Soft black calf-high flat-soled boot were the last to form.
Sailor Nova stood once again on the earth.

I will agree that it's a pretty shoddy fic though. Spelling is excellent, which makes a change, but the grammar leaves a lot to be desired and it feels far too rushed.
Still, another one to add to the list :)
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Re: I found another one.

Postby AshK1980 » Wed May 24, 2006 6:52 pm

It is kind of cool. The grammar does have a lot to be desired. Ranma-Chan is in a Fuku for a brief moment. It is described in the body of the story. It is off to a good start. :D Grammar does need work. That was quite surprising Ryoko actually being Ranma's Mother. She was disguised as Nodoka. It does have agood start.
Sincerely,
AshK
AshK1980
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby A.Nonymous » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:52 am

Eris wrote:Out of curiousity, where exactly would a Sailor Nova draw her power? The senshi seen in the canon all were tied to a particular stellar body (I think). But a nova is a sort of event that occurs to many different white dwarfs. It's like calling yourself Sailor Solar Flare. Well, great, but which one?
Mayhaps I be too harsh, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Well obviously it's a one shot deal. Sort of like Saturn's major attack...I guess she would probably have a bit of a build up for it, 8 or so minutes, and then...fzzzzz we're all fried.
Maybe it's one of those temporal things. She's sucking power from the Nova she's going to create 15 minutes after the formation of Crystal Tokyo.
Truthfully, the Senshi aren't really drawing power from stellar bodies, or Pluto would be an incredibly wimp. It's more like the power that's been infused into the stellar body. Or maybe the power of the God/Goddess associated with the stellar body, thus Sailor Nova would be associated with a really really pissed off Apollo.
A.Nonymous
Senshi Cadet

Postby weaponx9 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:43 am

But if they do draw power from a stellar body then moon would be a real wimp as well as pluto. But both pluto and moon have a magic item to increase there power (i.e. the gate of time and the silver crystal)
anyway nova could just be powered by a sun because the sun is the origin point of a nova
weaponx9
Senshi Candidate

Postby Eris » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:05 pm

A.Nonymous wrote:Truthfully, the Senshi aren't really drawing power from stellar bodies, or Pluto would be an incredibly wimp. It's more like the power that's been infused into the stellar body. Or maybe the power of the God/Goddess associated with the stellar body, thus Sailor Nova would be associated with a really really pissed off Apollo.

Well, I didn't mean that in a literal sense, but a more metaphorical one like what you seem to be on to about power associated with the planet/whatever. Although I might point out that even if they were drawing from the planet itself, that wouldn't necessitate Pluto being weak--we have no idea whether the sort of power they need is tied to size or not. Doesn't really matter anyway.
weaponx9 wrote:anyway nova could just be powered by a sun because the sun is the origin point of a nova

Possible, but I doubt it myself. Why not just name it after the star in that case? It's simpler and more accurate.
I still think the strangeness involved between drawing power from events as opposed to things stands though, especially since this is fanfiction and we don't have to invent theories to make it consistent in honour of its canonical status. I suppose it's possible that it's some sort of weird temporal squick going on though. Not very elegant, but it works.
Or maybe Sailor Nova is really shorthand for Sailor Diffuse Cloud of Stellar Ejecta Originating From A Nova. :D
EDIT: Cleaning up the post--it needed it.
Eris
Senshi Candidate

Postby GenocideHeart » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:19 am

Heh. Sometimes writers should consider a Senshi connected to a star from another galaxy. Like, say... Altair or Deneb. Just an idea to skip the whole 'Sailor Nova' nonsense. Because frankly, a nova makes little sense as the source of a Senshi's power. Just my humble opinion...
Back on topic... I read the fic. A bit clunky, but it seems promising. Although the Nodoka as Ryoko bit left me 'huh?'. :?
"When the Planessss burnnnn and all life is torchesss, then Ignusss ssshall at lassst... be at peace..."
--Ignus, Planescape: Torment
"Know that for all who betray justice, I am their fate. And fate carries an executioner's axe."
--Vhailor, Planescape: Torment
GenocideHeart
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby A.Nonymous » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:25 am

Astronomers just found two new planets...they've been nicknamed Xena and Gabriel.
Though that's not going to stick as the names have to be Roman. Of course that's a load of crap as at least two moons of Neptune have been named after characters in Shakespeare Titania and Oberon...and contrary to every pinhead astronomer I've heard, it's pronounced Tit-ania not TITAN-ia.
A.Nonymous
Senshi Cadet

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:43 am

A.Nonymous wrote:Though that's not going to stick as the names have to be Roman. Of course that's a load of crap as at least two moons of Neptune have been named after characters in Shakespeare Titania and Oberon...and contrary to every pinhead astronomer I've heard, it's pronounced Tit-ania not TITAN-ia.

Not quite. The planets are named after Roman mythology, the moons are usually named after Roman & Greek mythology.
I'd say Sailor Nova's power would make sense, considering that, if you follow the theory that the universe is infinite, there is always a Nova occuring somewhere across the Cosmos, therefore there is always somewhere for Sailor Nova to draw power from.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:04 am

A.Nonymous wrote:Astronomers just found two new planets...they've been nicknamed Xena and Gabriel.
Though that's not going to stick as the names have to be Roman. Of course that's a load of crap as at least two moons of Neptune have been named after characters in Shakespeare Titania and Oberon...and contrary to every pinhead astronomer I've heard, it's pronounced Tit-ania not TITAN-ia.

Since they are Kuiper Belt Objects, there's still debate over whether or not it's proper to call them planets. Of course, the same people are debating whether or not Pluto is a planet, which I find silly. If size is the only consideration, then by their definition, Mercury isn't a planet. It's only twice the size of Pluto, and is smaller than the moons Ganymede and Titan, and only 39km larger than Callisto. Pluto, at least, has moons -- and yes, that's "moons", as in more than one.
Since they are around the same size as Pluto, it's a little hard to say whether or not they'd be good candidates for Senshi.
Oh, and how your country pronounces the name of Oberon's wife doesn't matter in the slightest. If the majority of people who work in astronomy and give the names to celestial objects pronounce it "ty-tayn-ee-uh", then that's the right way to pronounce it when referring to the object. To say otherwise is parochialism.
lwf58
Site Master

Postby UberJugla » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:44 am

No. The moons are named AFTER TITania and Oberon... and being from the Bard's country I world have to insist that they should at least pronounce the names right if they've gone to the bother of naming them as such.
UberJugla
Senshi Candidate

Next

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender