a request for help

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

a request for help

Postby Shad4c » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:38 pm

Ok.

This is likely the wrong part of the forum (plz move as needed), I'm doing this on something of an urge and lack of sleep. :wink:

Here goes though

Was flicking through my e-mails when I saw a FF.net alert. Clicked a link, then some reviews. Then ended up here and saw the Dead pile. Something just didn't feel right at that, I promised myself when I first started writing FF that I wouldn't let a story die without finishing it.

If anyones still interested in reading it, I'm going to restart writing Shadow Veiled Senshi.

* Considers likelyhood of this and becomes depressed *

The problem is that I will need a Beta since I'm a little rusty and can use a kick in the butt to get me moving sometimes.

Any takers?
Shad4c
Senshi Candidate

Postby Tovath » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:05 pm

could you give a link to this fic?
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
-Hanlon's Razor

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Senshi of Puck
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Shad4c » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:26 am

It's in the dead file of this site. :(

Otherwise see here-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/471307/
Shad4c
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:07 am

Just finished reading the fic and I like it. I wouldn't mind to read more. So what if there are some clichés. There are some interesting ideas in later chapters that haven't been overused. Here are some serious mistakes I found:

Metallicas => Metallia's
Ginjaika => there are two weapons: Kinjakan (fire) and Gekkaja (ice)
Queen Sincerity => Serenity
Moose => Mousse

Could you also continue with 'Revenge Rebirth'? That fic is really original I think and has a lot of untapped potential (it would be nice if Ryoga didn't know that Ranma has been reborn as Ukyo).
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Staren » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:51 am

Yes, you defiantly need a beta reader or three, but you have some good ideas there. I don't think anyone has done a Pluto who is quite that extreme without actually being insane. Ranmas natural protective instinct clashing with her really should be a good read. I suck at beta reading, but I'll be glad to keep some Author Pitchforks sharpened for when you need some "motivation". :P
Staren
Senshi Cadet

Postby nodregah » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:16 pm

While I cannot in good conscience offer my talents as a beta, I am looking forward to "Shadow Veiled Senshi", either another chapter or a rewrite. Any inkling on when the next chapter will be out?
"You will know your greatest enemy when you look in the mirror."
nodregah
Senshi Cadet

Postby Shad4c » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:35 pm

I've put up an update list on my FF.net forum.

It'll probably be the only thing I use it for but it's useful.

:?

Thanks for the encouragement, it's very much needed and appreciated.

Special thanks to Dumbledork for the pointers. Points 1 and 4 were spelling mistakes I didn't realise I did and point 2 I missed completely, big thanks on that.

Point 3 wasn't a mistake, where did I say that Queen Sincerity in that chapter was Usagi mother :D :wink: .
Shad4c
Senshi Candidate

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender