Possible Fuku Fic "Contrast Match"

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

Postby Atlan » Fri May 05, 2006 1:58 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'snif' Now i can't even reread them.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Tue May 16, 2006 2:57 pm

Yeah, it was a great fic. Too bad I didn't save the chapters (as I've already done with a lot of fics) 'cause I never thought he'd remove them. I wonder if anyone could mail me the chapters (if that's allowed).
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:21 pm

weebee has reposted "Contrast Match" on fanfiction.net
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2984002/1/
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:18 pm

Aye. He has reposted with some minor alterations to several scenes, and he claims to have removed most of the Ryouga-in-Stargate sidestory.
I skimmed through it, and only noticed incredibly minor changes, but I think it "reads" a bit better now.
Now to hope he gets the rest of the chapters re-written soon. :)
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:16 am

I agree. It really reads better.
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:08 am

TTTTTHHHHHHHAAAAAAANNNNNNNKKKKKKK YYYYYYOOOOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its back! Let all rejoice!
This fic made me notice something though- Ranma as a senshi. He is Neptune WAY more often than he is Uranus. Which is weired, considering that Uranus is a tomboy who dresses like a man, while Neptune is a violin player.

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:49 pm

Atlan wrote:This fic made me notice something though- Ranma as a senshi. He is Neptune WAY more often than he is Uranus. Which is weired, considering that Uranus is a tomboy who dresses like a man, while Neptune is a violin player.

Considering that he's Neptune in all of two fics (discounting the ones where he's every Senshi at once), I think you're being a little OTT in saying way more fics.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Atlan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:04 am

Off the top of my head, i can only remember two Ranma as neptune fics: Forever the tomboy, and Contrast Match. Both long, well written, and rememberalbe. There may be more, but if so i dont remember them.
But Ranma as Uranus? I only remember reading one like that, and it pretty much consisted of: Ranma and Akane go to movies. We learn that they mostly fantasize about Ranma chan/Akane. Then a monsyer shows up, they get the pens from Pluto, and transform and kill the monster.
It was a begining which never went anywhere, and as far as I can remember, it was the only Ranma as Uranus fic.

Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Alathon » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:30 am

I think the (relative) lack of Ranma-as-Uranus fics probably stems from just how odd a Ranma/Michiru pairing seems. I think the only other Senshi Ranma has been cast as less is Minako, which kinda fits seeing as her tendancy towards boy-chasing would be rather out of character without some sort of really contrived reason or mutilation of his personality.
Alathon
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby TerraBull » Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:46 pm

I was reading the story, and saw this line.
“Did I wake up in the twilight zone last weak or something?” Nabiki wondered, looking at the closed door. Turning to her desk again, she picked up the pamphlet, curious about where her older sister wanted to go to school. “The infinity Academy eh…” She muttered, reading it over.
And I was wondering, would there be any other Senshi from Nerima? Specifically Kasumi in the role of Hotaru/ Saturn?
Just a idea that popped into my head and thinking of Kasumi if de-aged refering to Ranma as Ranma-Papa, Ranko-Mama? ;P
Just sharing.
TerraBull
Senshi Cadet

Postby Nekomata-sensei » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:27 pm

Alathon wrote:I think the (relative) lack of Ranma-as-Uranus fics probably stems from just how odd a Ranma/Michiru pairing seems. I think the only other Senshi Ranma has been cast as less is Minako, which kinda fits seeing as her tendancy towards boy-chasing would be rather out of character without some sort of really contrived reason or mutilation of his personality.

I can think of a not so contrived reason. Rather than the whole, Venus chases boys, thing, it could be a boys chase Venus thing. Ranma certainly has no trouble attracting copious amounts of suitors, thus, the senshi of love.
No, I think the real reason we don't see many Ranma as Venus fics is the neko-ken and Artemis.
And I agree on the Ranma/Michiru pairing thing, I can't really see it. Michiru is like an ends justify the means version of Kasumi. The closest thing I could see is her behaving in a sort of mother/big sister type role towards Ranma.
Contrast Match is back! Yay! Now if only it would update...
"Health, Learning & Virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem & public honor." Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)
Nekomata-sensei
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Darth Thanatos » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:17 pm

I noticed a new entry in FF.N by Weebee, so I went to check it. This is part of what I read:
Weebee wrote:The fics that are contained in this file are in one, lump sum and will have horrid formatting, because they are direct cut and paste jobs from the Vault text documents that contain them on my PC. Furthermore, be warned that nothing in this page is finished, and some of them have rather annoying cliff hanger endings.
Well, without further Adeu, I present to you the first vault fic, Contrast match.
This fic looked really promissing... until I realized that I can't write Fukufics... All the set up's already done, and I have some Ideas for future chapters so if someone wants to finish this one, You may wanna contact me first to hear 'em. PS: Ranger 5 is NOT allowed to continue this! Work on your own fic first:D

So, it seems we are witnessing the death of a very good fukufic. Pity.
You can read the whole statement in The Vault.
Ne volnuites, Aeria Gloris

Midboss rank Z, promoted by "Ice Cream Thief" Himitsu on 2007-03-21
Darth Thanatos
"I am still a powerpuff girl!"

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:51 pm

I agree with Darth Thanatos. It really is a shame. But maybe someone will continue writing it. At least I hope so.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Darth Thanatos » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:22 am

Update:
A new author, Kazuma20, has taken over this story as of 2007-01-13.
So it seems that Contrast Match will continue after all.
Incidentally, Heir to the Empire appears in the same day as updated (chapter 8 ). YAY!
Ne volnuites, Aeria Gloris

Midboss rank Z, promoted by "Ice Cream Thief" Himitsu on 2007-03-21
Darth Thanatos
"I am still a powerpuff girl!"

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:37 am

Yes, and hopefully he'll update soon now that he's posted the old chapters. Not that I want to pressure him. I can wait.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender