Notice of removal

Talk about the "fuku-fics" and other Gender Bender fiction here.
If there is a probable it can be posted here, but a definite fukufic should be PM'd to Sunshine Temple

Postby Siden » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:45 pm

Sunshine wrote:I have literally no idea where he pulls this stuff from.
The only contact I've had with him recently has been this thread.
As you can see I say nothing about parting ways.
It's strange.

A quote from your chat log:
Code: Select all
[21:22] Yarrow: We were hoping for an amiacable break--for the children's sake--but he had to go and turn nasty.
Employed by Lady Bliss.
True Neutral, "Pure Neutral", "Balancer"
Spamville Dossier
Siden
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:48 pm

Siden wrote:A quote from your chat log:
[21:22] Yarrow: We were hoping for an amiacable break--for the children's sake--but he had to go and turn nasty.

D'oh. That answers that then.
So that was directed at Yarrow (another chat room op).
My mistake.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby iiradned » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:59 pm

So is it still okay to post update notices of his fics, whenever he posts one on ff.net?
iiradned
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:35 pm

iiradned wrote:So is it still okay to post update notices of his fics, whenever he posts one on ff.net?

Well, there's no material of his on this site when that happens.
So I don't see a problem with someone posting an update notice in the Fic Update thread.
Though I can't speak for Ozz and have no idea what he would think about that.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Siden » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:28 pm

Sunshine wrote:Though I can't speak for Ozz and have no idea what he would think about that.

I fail to see how that would be any of his business. If a poster wants to annouce that X fic by B author has been updated, it is that poster's prerogative. It is no different than starting a thread stating that the newest Harry Potter, as an example, has just hit shelves.
Bleah, too much serious-Siden for one day. I need to go relax in spamville for a while.
Employed by Lady Bliss.
True Neutral, "Pure Neutral", "Balancer"
Spamville Dossier
Siden
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:30 pm

Siden wrote:I fail to see how that would be any of his business. If a poster wants to annouce that X fic by B author has been updated, it is that poster's prerogative. It is no different than starting a thread stating that the newest Harry Potter, as an example, has just hit shelves.

I agree. That's why I said there was no problem about it.
I was just warning iiradned that Ozz may or may not agree with that.
That's all.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Tuisto » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:04 am

What a terribly peculiar train of events to have transpired in my short, though percariously impromtu, hiatus from fukufics.
Personally I'm not seeing what the deal is behind this row (from either side), but it seems going to the extreme for Ozzolos to leave in such a grandiose fashion, stating that all ties are disolved. Most odd.
Though in Ozz's defense, mayhaps *real* life concerns seeped into this extra-caricular persuit and an ill-timed word just "set him off". Though that's speculation.

Well, I do hope things here patch-up after tempers cool. No point getting worked up over something so trivial and all that. Though at least Ozz didn't say he's quitting fanfic writing, I could *never* forgive him him were he to.
Obfirmo absentis sententia... Imperium mens...
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Materia-Blade » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:06 am

Meh. Kinda doubt it. Ozz and Temple seem to have been butting heads for quite some time. Frankly i've gotten the same sort of pissy feel from this site every now and then too. Not gonna disolve all bonds or anything but frankly I wouldn't really give a damn if I were banned.

I've been talking with ozz for a while now. (We're writting a fic. Obviously we have been.) But I really didn't know anything about all this until I stumbled on it in pure boredom. I'm kinda worried that he doesn't plan to write fics anymore at all as He hasn't been online or contacted me at all for the past six days or so and before that we were all pretty gung ho about this new fic idea and chatted every other day or so.

Frankly if he has quit writing fanfiction completely then I'll be pretty damn pissed! Not really at anyone... Don't really have anyone to blame. But still. The sixteen thousand words sitting on my hard-drive for the first chapter of "Anarchists" took effort! So yes, I would be rather pissed. In the end if he did quit, I'd just have to go back to writing the fic on my own... sure it'd be good but... sigh... Alas I am not a comical writer. He is.

On that note, if he disolved all ties with this sight and demanded that I do so in order to continue writing with the guy? Frankly I wouldn't have a choice. I write for the fics and the sheer enjoyment I get from writing and reading them. And damnit this was a good one.

... Plus I admire his skill.

The general populace of both Fukufics and Fanfiction.net should not have been burdened with the publicizing of this squabble, with their greatest involvement being a quick notification of the severance of ties and nothing more.

While I disagree in that some parties might have incredible interest in this (Case in point: ME!) you have a point there, but consider this.

To bring others into the argument, or to try and sway public opinion of the other party, is disgraceful.

That said why has Sunshine Temple posted fourty percent of the replies in this thread? Meh. Just a note.

As was said before. "Drama kills." Frankly the only good drama is in a good book or fic. Otherwise the entire genre is pointless in my oppinion. :D

This place has a chat room? O.o?

Edit:

Ah. This happened a few weeks ago. Sorry. Missed the dates. My bad.
"I killed the world and you can too, if you try hard."
-- Lews Therin Kinslayer
Materia-Blade
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:10 am

In my opinion almost any problem can be solved if the people quarreling talk together without resorting to insults.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby lwf58 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:49 am

Argh. Should have locked this topic. Oh well, I'll do that now. This is over and done, and should be left that way.
lwf58
Site Master

Previous

Return to Fukufics & Gender Bender