Urban legend

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Re: Urban legend

Postby mondu_the_fat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Don't overthink it.

There are no yakuza in Ranma because Takashi didn't include them, not that they don't exist or that Ranma scares them all away. That's Zwzn line of thinking.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:54 am

mondu_the_fat wrote:Don't overthink it.

There are no yakuza in Ranma because Takashi didn't include them, not that they don't exist or that Ranma scares them all away. That's Zwzn line of thinking.

She did not include much in the way of Police either... (yes, the one to point Ryoga in the right/wrong direction and take the old lady off his hands). Likely bacuase the whole lot of them would have had to be arrested on one charge or another.

Think of Nerima as a self regulated lawless zone...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby three headed dog » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:15 am

There are Yakuza in the Ranma manga. They show up in the background a number of times (more often than police do anyways). Two of them are drained by Miss Hinako in the story arc where Miss Hinako becomes a delinquent from draining the energy of a bust of the principal and a tattooed Yakuza member can be seen in at least one of the bath house scenes. I think that they are shown elsewhere as well but they really have nothing to do with the plot (I think that the debt collector Ranma's mom recalls Genma flipping a table on and stomping was one for example).
three headed dog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Ranma