Creepy/disturbing moments in Ranma?

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Re: Creepy/disturbing moments in Ranma?

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:18 pm

F_Forward Gone Nuts wrote:Well, Halloween's just around the corner, is it not?

Yeah, yeah. I know that we don't all live in America, but I wanted to get into the spirit of the holiday nevertheless.

Now, Ranma isn't exactly a series that goes out of its way to be scary, but there was one moment in the anime that chilled me to my bones. From the episode "Lets All Go To the Mushroom Temple!".

I happened to like Kugure (sp?) the ghost girl, but the ghost cat is too stupid to be creeped out by it when he has been consistently defeated 100% over 1000's of years... Gosenkuji in full voodoo mode is creeper than her...

The scary part is more implication than fact, but it still creeps me out. The old couple that shows up halfway into the story? They're implied to have been permanently brainwashed by the love mushrooms. For a really, really long time. And unlike the other times that brainwashing pops up in the story, no one even knows about their condition, much less try to help them. The anime writers probably threw that part in just to show the audience what was at stake if Ryoga and co. didn't get to Ranma and Akane quickly enough, but... damn!

(For some reason, the serene, happy looks on the old couple's faces just makes it worse.)

So, how 'bout you guys? Anything in Ranma give you the heebie-jeebies?

Only things to come to mind is the nightmare on happosai street and the dreams dealing with the old man whom thought he was dying and wanted to date Ranko...

Far more creepy and odd stuff is going on in real life... like a article I read earlier today about a guy whom got sucked into a industrial dry cleaner and died from being cleaned to death...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:20 pm

Only things to come to mind is the nightmare on happosai street and the dreams dealing with the old man whom thought he was dying and wanted to date Ranko...

I happened to like Kugure (sp?) the ghost girl, but the ghost cat is too stupid to be creeped out by it when he has been consistently defeated 100% over 1000's of years... Gosenkuji in full voodoo mode is creeper than the cat...

I suppoe we could lump the sceene with Akane and Ranma watching horror movies together... that crreped me out ( not the horror movie, the fact they were sitting *together* watching it :) )

Far more creepy and odd stuff is going on in real life... like a article I read earlier today about a guy whom got sucked into a industrial dry cleaner and died from being cleaned to death...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby FriendlyEL » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:55 am

To me probably one of the most genuinely "creepy" moments were when:

Happosai tried to use the dream incense on both female Ranma and Kodachi

Konatsu's ugly stepsisters thinking they were beautiful :?

Soun deciding to marry "Ranko" during the Herb arc

More disturbing/upsetting than anything:

The entire attempted murder on Nabiki

Taro trying to squish Akane on the cliff and Rogue during her arc

Kodachi's trying to kill all males in the fair

Mousse's rampage at the circus
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Ranma