Ranma's relation to his rivals/enemies

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Ranma's relation to his rivals/enemies

Postby FriendlyEL » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:04 pm

In people's opinion, what do think is Ranma's general opinion of and relation to the following people he has seemed to make enemies or rivals with throughout the manga:

Kuno

Ryoga

Gosinkugi

Cologne

Mousse

Happosai

Tsubasa

Principal Kuno

Pantyhose Taro

Herb

Ryu

Saffron
FriendlyEL
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Ranma's relation to his rivals/enemies

Postby SpaceKnight of Chaos » Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:57 am

Well, personally, this is what I think Ranma's various opinions are. Written in a more or less in-character perspective.

Kuno: Get over yourself and go away already! Seriously, Akane hated you before I showed up, I'm sick of you refusing to accept that me and "the pigtailed girl" are the same person, and you don't even get any better as a fighter! Seriously, I can't even really use you as a training dummy because I'm scared I'll slip up and hurt you badly.

Ryoga (Early series): Damn it all, how the hell is any of this my fault? Okay, maybe I was the one who actually knocked you in, but you were the idiot who chased me down over something so trivial! And, by the way, hiding behind Akane like that is just playing dirty - this is the thanks I get for keeping my big mouth shut about you being cursed? Well, tit for tat, if I keep dropping these hints, she'll wise up eventually, and then you're the one who's going to get beaten up by her.

Ryoga (Late series): Eh... pig-boy's a knuckle-headed jerk, but, well, I guess he is a good sparring buddy - always keeps getting better, never lets me rest on my laurels. And I guess he is kinda reliable... hey, what are you talking about? We ain't friends, no way!

Gosunkugi: What the hell is the DEAL with this creepy little weirdo? (Anime only expansion: Sheesh, I tried to be nice to the dumbass and he makes me out to be the badguy.)

Cologne: Always gotta watch my back around this old ghoul, but... she is useful. I'm sure she's got some scheme up her sleeve, but, still, she is willing to help out, usually. And it's kind of weird that she doesn't try to make me marry Shampoo as much as she could... ah well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Mousse: Seriously, buddy, get a life! Shampoo hated your guts long before I showed up in the village, it's not my fault she won't love you back. There's some shreds of a decent guy down there... but they're buried way down. Mostly a nuisance, but too dangerous to not be treated seriously when he does try something.

Happosai: ...Why won't you crawl into a hole and DIE already, you disgusting old pervert?!

Tsubasa: Who? ...Oh, yeah, him.

Principal Kuno: Damn pain in the ass, I wish he'd bugger off back to Hawaii.

Pantyhose Taro: Dude, I WANT to help you, if only to get you and your cheating one-winged-angel punk ass outta my town. Stop picking fights with me so that I want to beat your head in and end up doing so!

Herb: Jerkass... still, damn tough fight. Some day, though, I'm going to get good enough to kick him around the block a few times!

Ryu: Why do so many jerks blame me for crap my old man did? And trying to be me so that you could fool my mom was seriously not cool, dude. But, you're a decent fighter, and I guess you're a decent guy, too. Maybe we'll fight another match, some day.

Saffron: Why is it that the people in my life with the most power tend to be the biggest assholes? I never want to go through that kind of mess again. Seriously, those idiots couldn't have reared a bigger spoiled brat if they TRIED.
Water, water, everywhere, and all was cursed and black!
Drowned ones cast bad spell and out come pig, girl, duck, panda!
Swirl, swirl, slithery pond, and join with magic spring!
Swirl, swirl, dirty pond, and rid the cursed sting!
Here my prayer, I beg you please!
Now turn these curses BACK!

http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-boys-names.shtml
http://www.issendai.com/rpgs/japanese-girls-names.shtml
SpaceKnight of Chaos
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Ranma