Why is ryoga mad at ranma

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Why is ryoga mad at ranma

Postby toushin » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:43 am

Ranma and ryoga are usually depicted as being about even with ranma the more skilled of the two yet during the love rod incident not only did ryoga acknowledge that ranma was to powerful bit that look of sheer fear on his face is not a depiction of someone who could hold his own. This leads me to believe that ranma holds back a lot in their fights and ryoga knows this and that’s why he he really hates ranma. The look of manic glee on his face during the shishi hokodan arc seems to prove this as well. Ryoga was the big man on campus then ranma comes along and completely outclasses him.

Agree or disagree
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Why is ryoga mad at ranma

Postby Drawde » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:16 pm

That was likely the original reason. The reason he's so angry at Ranma when he's introduced is different though. By that point Ryoga's gotten his curse as a result of chasing after Ranma. Therefore it's Ranma's fault he has such a nasty curse. Note that this is his stated reason for hating Ranma at that point, BEFORE he learned that Ranma was the one to actually knock him into the spring.

No it's not logical, but that's emotions for you.
Unless I say otherwise, if I'm discussing Ranma canon, I'm talking about the MANGA.
Drawde
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Plot necessity. Ranma needs Ryoga like Popeye needs Bluto.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Zwzn » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:23 am

toushin wrote:Ranma and ryoga are usually depicted as being about even with ranma the more skilled of the two yet during the love rod incident not only did ryoga acknowledge that ranma was to powerful bit that look of sheer fear on his face is not a depiction of someone who could hold his own. This leads me to believe that ranma holds back a lot in their fights and ryoga knows this and that’s why he he really hates ranma. The look of manic glee on his face during the shishi hokodan arc seems to prove this as well. Ryoga was the big man on campus then ranma comes along and completely outclasses him.

Agree or disagree

Part of it is Ryoga wants someone else to blame for his misfortunes, and as you say may honestly fear Ranma.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby BonusPoints » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:32 pm

...that look of sheer fear on his face is not a depiction of someone who could hold his own.

To be perfectly fair to Ryoga, no one has ever come to a good end spurning a female (or in this case, occasionally female) "love interest". "Hell hath no fury..." and all that.
BonusPoints
Initiate

Return to Specific Series: Ranma